issues with text

Started by Micheal420, January 19, 2014, 09:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micheal420

i have the latest version 1.61 and running windows7 everything is fine on the game but the words are fuzzy showing several pictures of this, is it just me or anyone else having this issue? it was fine till i updated from 1.10 to 1.61. please help

Michionlion

hm... seems like an old bug that had to do with your graphics card forcing anti-aliasing.  Check your command center/software or whatever and try to switch anti-aliasing to 'application settings' or something of the like.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

knucracker

If you are running full screen try running in a window.  If in a window try resizing the window.  See if either if those make a difference.  Also which version of windows are you using (xp, vista, 7, etc) and which graphics card?

You can also perform an experiment by installing version 1.10 (or any earlier beta version). See if any of them exhibit the problem or do not.  You can just run the installer for each one and install in the same dir.  No uninstall of the previous version is required.

--edit--
If I didn't know better I'd say that you were running with opengl under windows.  That will cause an effect like this.  Take a look at your log file at the top and see what it says about either opengl or directx.  The log file is here: c:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\CreeperWorld3\log.txt
Note that this may be a hidden dir.

You can try running cw3 from the command line and putting this as an argument
cw3.exe -force-d3d9
That will attempt to force directx9 if for some reason you are running under opengl.  Of course the only reason you would be running under opengl would be if for some reason directx9 could not be initialized...

Micheal420

the log states this

Initialize engine version: 4.3.1f1 (cebd4d9b5122)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [igdumdx32.dll 8.15.10.1986]
    Renderer: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD
    Vendor:   Intel
    VRAM:     880 MB (via DXGI)

this is my dxdiag
where can i find the older verson to change to i did full screen and windowed and no change

knucracker

Take a look at this topic:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14505.0

You can grab earlier versions by copying the url and changing the number.  Look down in the post for the version numbers of previous versions.

For starters try the current beta version 1.63 and see if that happens to make a difference.  It is built with a newer version of Unity.

Micheal420

no i have had no change and still no luck trying to find an older version it says

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

knucracker

It's the URL that you want to modify when you paste it into your browser.  For instance:

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/publicbeta/CreeperWorld3-110.exe
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/publicbeta/CreeperWorld3-111.exe
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/publicbeta/CreeperWorld3-150.exe
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/publicbeta/CreeperWorld3-163.exe

Build 111 was the first build immediately after the one you used to run (which was 1.10).  Build 150 is the first to intro Colonial Space.  Build 163 is the current one.

Try the current one (163) and see if that makes a difference.  If not, try 111 and see if you still have the problem in that build.  Then as a sanity check reinstall 110 and see if you do NOT have the problem.

Micheal420

it was fine with version 111 and 110 but 150 and 163 i still got the fuzzy text, the mission plays find and objects are ok but if look at the settings on 150 and 163, even the speech text is fuzzy on 150 and 163

knucracker

Try
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/publicbeta/CreeperWorld3-112.exe
and
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld3/publicbeta/CreeperWorld3-113.exe

I bet maybe 112 shows the problem and 111 does not.  If so, then this has something to do with a later version of the Unity framework.

Also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.  This is the kind of thing that is sometimes addressed in the graphics drivers.

Micheal420

I had issue with 112 and 113 and i run windows 7 (64 bit) on my computer, so it seems version 110 works the best i updated my graphics driver and still had no luck, not that it bothers me just curious to why it happening

Grauniad

Do us a favor. Download Piriform Speccy from here: http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard

Run it and click File -> Save Snapshot.

Attach the Snapshot to a post here so we can look at the specifications for your machine and graphics subsystem.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Micheal420

i had posted early a spec of my system

Michionlion

if you don't feel like opening that etc., here is a pic:

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

knucracker

Can you also post your entire output.log from the game?  I specifically need to see one more line than what you posted originally (specifically the caps: line under VRAM:)

Micheal420

yes here is the whole log

Spoiler
Initialize engine version: 4.3.0f4 (e01000627d60)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
   Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [igdumdx32.dll 8.15.10.1986]
   Renderer: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD
   Vendor:   Intel
   VRAM:     880 MB (via DXGI)
   Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=0 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=0 RAWZ=0 NULL=0 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.080 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1366x768 60Hz; virtual: 1366x768 at 0,0
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\UnityScript.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
UnloadTime: 0.523055 ms
Using base settings dir: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming/CreeperWorld3/

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

Using base game data dir: C:\Users\user\Documents/CreeperWorld3/

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

Game Version: 1.12

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 10 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 5383.
Total: 5.822421 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.275722 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.093351 ms MarkObjects: 4.649757 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.081802 ms)
[close]

Added Spoiler tag -G.