What is the Canon Ending to CW3? [Possible unmarked spoilers in replies]

Started by burguertime, November 22, 2013, 03:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burguertime

Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Clean0nion

NNR_Alex

Virgil, feel free to correct me if I'm off base on this.

In a way, they all are.

Spoiler
This gets into the whole 'multiple universes' thing.  Basically if i understand the ending right, regardless of what side you choose, you get ultimate power, except for the last ending and even then the commander 'awakens' so to speak.

Now consider this, when you deal with multiple universes, that means multiple versions of characters.  So in one reality Skars chose the Loki and became evil and thus became 'who the loki saw when they peeked into another world.' While in other realities, he chose to save humanity and goes on to become Platius and saved a version of his past self.  Either way it seems we get stuck in a bit of a time loop.

For the storyline to make work, both choices have to be made, save humanity, or thirst for ultimate power.  Both paths lead to our protagonist transcending just being a normal human being, into a higher level of existence that can travel between realities.  Thus it also makes sense that their stories aren't contained to just one reality.

This basically means for the ending of the game, regardless of the choice you made, you simply saw 'that worlds canon ending'.

It's normally an easy way out to say all endings are canon, but when you deal with multiverse stuff, it really is true and fitting.

If I am off base, then I look to the epilogue for a clue in which case I'd say siding with Humanity is the canon ending.
[close]

That's my two cents on the topic.

Spoilers are good -G.

Eketek

Oh, it's all quite revealing...:
Spoiler

Quote from: NNR_Alex on November 22, 2013, 08:45:06 PM
Virgil, feel free to correct me if I'm off base on this.

In a way, they all are.

Spoiler
This gets into the whole 'multiple universes' thing.  Basically if i understand the ending right, regardless of what side you choose, you get ultimate power, except for the last ending and even then the commander 'awakens' so to speak.

Now consider this, when you deal with multiple universes, that means multiple versions of characters.  So in one reality Skars chose the Loki and became evil and thus became 'who the loki saw when they peeked into another world.' While in other realities, he chose to save humanity and goes on to become Platius and saved a version of his past self.  Either way it seems we get stuck in a bit of a time loop.

For the storyline to make work, both choices have to be made, save humanity, or thirst for ultimate power.  Both paths lead to our protagonist transcending just being a normal human being, into a higher level of existence that can travel between realities.  Thus it also makes sense that their stories aren't contained to just one reality.

This basically means for the ending of the game, regardless of the choice you made, you simply saw 'that worlds canon ending'.

It's normally an easy way out to say all endings are canon, but when you deal with multiverse stuff, it really is true and fitting.

If I am off base, then I look to the epilogue for a clue in which case I'd say siding with Humanity is the canon ending.
[close]

That's my two cents on the topic.

Spoilers are good -G.
The notional multiverse (and variations) has already become a tired cliché, like elbow macaroni, and it serves little other purpose beyond cop-out for scientists who would otherwise have to more explicitly admit the presence of certain intractable problems which are implied by their theories.

It should be much safer just to assume that LIA, Platius, the Creeper, Skarsgard, the Loki, Aliana, Imperator, Thrade, and Council Director #3 are all in a state of superposition with each other, physically, temporally, tactically, and emotionally.

This would also explain why virtually all worlds, despite being hemispherical in appearance from a far vantage point, are actually rectangular in form.
[close]

hbarudi

In this map, you get the choice of skars or loki, I did the skars part, but not the other choice, I tried the loki choice, but I got easily defeated, how do you do the loki choice, want a youtube walkthrough or something of this kind.

Clean0nion

Quote from: hbarudi on December 02, 2013, 09:32:18 PM
In this map, you get the choice of skars or loki, I did the skars part, but not the other choice, I tried the loki choice, but I got easily defeated, how do you do the loki choice, want a youtube walkthrough or something of this kind.
Spoiler
I'd been playing Arca for a whole and was bored of the whole thing for that day so I just went Loki.
To win you have to constantly fire at one tower whilst moving around it in a circle. At the same time, dodge any other missiles.
Destroy the missile towers first. Then it's easier to destroy the other towers. I beat it a moment after losing my shield.
Once you lower the Arc's shield it stops attacking.
[close]

Grayzzur

Quote from: hbarudi on December 02, 2013, 09:32:18 PM
In this map, ...

Things like that need to be wrapped in spoiler tags.
Spoiler
...and as was pointed out to me when I made such a statement, there is a 3rd ending.
[close]
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

burguertime

Grayzzur...

Spoiler
Quote from: Grayzzur on December 03, 2013, 10:14:21 AM...and as was pointed out to me when I made such a statement, there is a 3rd ending.

There is the good ending, the evil ending, and the BAMF ending.
[close]
[/quote]
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
oOga OoGa to you too.

burguertime

Ah, now I get it.
Spoiler

Follow the link below to wikimedia commons where the full size file is hosted.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:CW3_canon_ending.png
[close]
oOga OoGa to you too.

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Clean0nion

Quote from: Michionlion on December 04, 2013, 12:30:36 PM
I had a hard time figuring out where to start....
I think you start at the top of the left loop and work your way down, crossing over to the next loop if you feel like it

burguertime

oOga OoGa to you too.