Custom Map #694: Sorrontis' Evil. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, March 12, 2017, 07:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

The intended way is faster, but slower than the 3-min one.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

KingGladiator88

Quote from: GoodMorning on March 14, 2017, 10:34:04 PM
The long way is:
Spoiler

Claim everything on the left, maybe take out a cannon on the right with the HQ. Don't build ships or amp the two you have. Put the amp gems into techs. When the wave comes, watch the fireworks. Eventually, the particles vanish. At that point, put the HQ in again on the left, near the now-safe mines, and play as normal. There's still a trick or two later, but this will let you (re)start safely.
[close]

How long does it take for the bomb/wave particles to dissipate? As im typing its at 20 minutes and they're still there?

Been resorting to spawning the HQ and tanking 1-2 of them before it blows up in hopes i can get rid of them.

GoodMorning

I don't recall how long, but I noticed they were gone after spending a long time trying to HQ-drop and flip the lowest flip-Emitter (which worked) and set up a chain reaction with mine lathes and defensive Struc (which didn't).

Sorrontis

Quote from: KingGladiator88 on March 19, 2017, 10:19:44 PM
Quote from: GoodMorning on March 14, 2017, 10:34:04 PM
The long way is:
Spoiler

Claim everything on the left, maybe take out a cannon on the right with the HQ. Don't build ships or amp the two you have. Put the amp gems into techs. When the wave comes, watch the fireworks. Eventually, the particles vanish. At that point, put the HQ in again on the left, near the now-safe mines, and play as normal. There's still a trick or two later, but this will let you (re)start safely.
[close]

How long does it take for the bomb/wave particles to dissipate? As im typing its at 20 minutes and they're still there?

Been resorting to spawning the HQ and tanking 1-2 of them before it blows up in hopes i can get rid of them.

So, the central burst defense's particles will not expire. There are 600 of them. If you want to survive, you have to make sure you get most (or all of them) before you are wiped out. You can't just let the map run without preparing for the wave.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

So, fiddling with that flip-Emitter was substantially more useful than I had thought.

Sorrontis

Quote from: GoodMorning on March 20, 2017, 07:19:02 PM
So, fiddling with that flip-Emitter was substantially more useful than I had thought.

Yep, I would say so.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, this was brutal. I decided if I'm gonna do this I might as well do it the right way... i.e., I'm sorting by rating and starting with your lowest-rated maps. I figured if I get the evil sadistic brutal malicious heartless ruthless hair-pulling "I just broke a tooth in my mouth and now I'm choking on it" maps out of the way first, I should really enjoy this game.

I killed the enemy "Bug" ship the prescribed way, then took out most everything else and waited for it to respawn and tried to take it out several other ways but after no success I just killed it again and ended it.

I can't say I really enjoyed this map... but I did thoroughly enjoy beating it. I'd rate it a "10" if I could, but I'm afraid I'd probably get struck by lightning.

...I'm waiting for them to feature one of your maps on "Supernatural". I'm sure there are demons in here that need to be dealt with.  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Sorrontis

Johnny Haywire

Glad to hear it!  ;D

And thanks for all the work you put into these maps. I rated one or two of your maps and made the rating go up... then I got to thinking you might not know what to do if your maps got high ratings. But hey, I like 'em so that's how I rate 'em.  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Lisimba

Took me a while but I figured out the fast strategy. It's simple once you know it...

A series of hints:

First, the really big ship.
Spoiler
It has a terrible weakness, and once you kill it, it won't come back for seven minutes or so. Yes, you can kill it.
[close]
Spoiler
You need to do what you do *twice*. So if you had any clever ideas but they didn't work, make sure to try them two times. (There is a good reason for this.)
[close]
Spoiler
Ships die if you hit their bridge. Of course, the bridge of the big ship is rather well protected...
[close]
Spoiler
So you have to ram it. On the *inside*.
[close]
Spoiler
Spawn your HQ right inside the big ship. The first time this will make a hole in the struc. The second time the big ship blows up. Your own HQ blows up too of course, both times, so you have to wait out the timer.
[close]

Of course, that's not enough.
Spoiler
You'll find that if you start lathing the things around the progenitor, you won't make it in time. There are several ways to deal with this, but only one that gives you the best time.
[close]
Spoiler
You need more lathes.
[close]
Spoiler
You *have* two more lathes, beyond the one on your HQ Already built and ready for action.
[close]
Spoiler
The combat lathe ship, of course. It's at the left of the map, with a full tank. It's strong enough to make it to the progenitor if you guide it well. (Yes, you have to actually fly it there, don't destroy and rebuild.)
[close]
Spoiler
Go via the north half of the map, keeping it over islands as much as possible. Particles won't hit it there as they're still miring the land. Fly in between the flip emitters, but avoid the large chunks of mire at the cannons. A good route will make or break things here.
[close]
Spoiler
Realize this cost the ship all its energy, at least part of it spent on lathing bits of random things on the way. Try again but turn lathe and weapons off before you start flying :P
[close]
Spoiler
Now, take the energy mine nearby, and then have your HQ and the combat lathe ship lathe the progenitor. They'll have to lathe two of the emitters there first before they will touch it. I expect you can beat my time with better management of the energy in the lathe ship.
[close]

I love the strategy for the big ship, first time I've seen it. 10/10 would learn a new thing again.

Now, to do it the "intended" way...