Artha - Series with a storyline

Started by mpl, March 07, 2010, 01:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpl

I made a series of maps with a story as a tribute to original story mode. There is 7 maps and one bonus map. I submitted first one today and will continue to submit about once in a day (if i remember to do it).

You can comment the maps and the story in this thread.

Most of the maps are quite relaxed and none of them is really hard to beat.

It is really important to play these in correct order, because there is some progression to the story in each map.

JACKL

Hey,since you are a newbie you probably dont know this but there is a backflow on the maps,virgil is/was getting slamed with new maps,so it might be a while for yours to be submitted,like a dayish or so maybe
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

mpl

Well, now the maps are coming fast thanks to Karsten and Virgil. I will stick to my plan of uploading new map every day.

The first one was simple experiment with very limited weaponry. The second map I just uploaded is more regular. Actually this one didn't turn out quite like I wanted, but it's necessary link in the story between maps 1 and 3, so I can't leave it out. It's not that bad.

The third one (which I upload tomorrow) is one of my own favourites.

CyberDyneSystems

Sorry to see this thread with so little discussion.
I came across one of these maps by chance, and thanks to the descriptions saw it was a series.
I've been playing them all, and loved them.
I am stuck on Artha 6, just can;t get all the survivors in time. It seems a weakness in my strategy is I've never been able to figure out the right recipe for the fastest build.

Great series! Make More :)

mpl

Thanks for positive feedback! I'm not planning any story at the moment, but maybe some stand alone maps.

It's always a fine balance between making it too hard or too easy. The sixth one actually is a bit tricky. Here is my strategy for it. Don't read if you like to figure it out yourself....

http://i40.tinypic.com/2vcz12a.jpg Here I'm getting the last pod on low ground just in time. Don't build all three directions instantly or you will have bad deficit. Start with two directions (right and down-left), and add third one little later.
http://i40.tinypic.com/1zfr021.jpg Then I build the blasters quicly to protect Odin City. Don't waste too much time before starting the relays to upper corner. Lower corner doesn't overflow so fast.
http://i43.tinypic.com/sfjukh.jpg After that there is plenty of time to collect remaining pods. Here I'm just about to get the last one.

...and then it's just normal and quite easy fight to totems.

CyberDyneSystems

I'll give it another try soon using your pointers. Thanks, and keep making great maps!

UpperKEES

I have played 4 of your maps so far and they are indeed very nice. I'll certainly complete the series!

Edit:Just finished them with pleasure.

Regarding the bonus map: I'm normally not very fond of black backgrounds, but this was a very nice twist!

Regarding part 6: when you build your collectors without deficit and place them well, you can even rescue the two pods at the right top and bottom in time without building relays. You'll have 1-2 seconds left.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview