About Farbor

Started by Courtesy, June 19, 2014, 04:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Courtesy

I was looking at the steam achievements and discovered a shocking fact.

You can beat the level 'early'. But I couldn't figure out how I could possibly do it 'earlier'.

It's only then that the shoe dropped. I've never seen how Farbor is supposed to turn out, because I've always completed it early! I blow up the ships to give me enough time to do this prior to the construction ever being finished, because I believed once they finished construction, you immediately lost! That means the map is vastly easier than my first impressions led me to believe!

Amazing.

tornado

I hate to shatter your dream but for me farbor is hell
I can't stop the construction or the ultra totem
By the time ive gotten off the starter islands I've lost
I know how to take out the ships(snipers) but after that I'm stumped
Help is apreceated
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Courtesy

That doesn't shatter my dream at all, but if you give me a moment I'll give you some tips, since I have to go play it again anyway to get the achievements.

Mefi

You should watch this:

and this:

only 2nd is my game but if you have question about both I can reply.

Tjgalon

It amazing what a couple of Bertha on powerzones can do. It also funny, first time I finally beat it, I could just barely beat it on time, now I have to really mess up to not beat it before they collect enough ore. Also when trying to take out the emitter on the start island, AC is your true friend, hehe.

4xC

You know, back when CW3 was in beta, I practically coined the idea that a Bertha on a PZ is like a main gun on a WWII Battleship and I once posted a link to one of the opening scenes for the movie "Windtalkers" where Battleships were firing on entrenched positions during the invasion of Saipan.

BTW, I found out last time I played Farbor that you don't even need to take the other islands to get the central area; you just need a sizable force of Pulse Cannons, Mortars, a Sprayer or two, and maybe clear the area with a Bertha or Two. (I still made use of Snipers at the time.)

In order to do that though, you may want to focus on making reactors on the Top Left start and a few Guppies while focusing on Weapons on the Bottom Right start. (The guppies will reinforce energy there and there will be a high enough demand for that.)
C,C,C,C

kon

What happen if you 'destroy the ore processors before the prism ship launches'?

Tjgalon

If the ship can't be built, then you finish it early.

tornado

Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Tjgalon

earth shattering kaboom

steelwing

Ship shattering, actually...  ;) ;D

kon

I don't like Andere:Farbor.
I hate Farbor.

Karsten75

Quote from: kon on July 21, 2014, 08:59:47 AM
I don't like Andere:Farbor.
I hate Farbor.

THat would explain some of the maps you submitted to Colonial Space. :P

wolfman2000

Quote from: Mefi on June 20, 2014, 03:52:23 AM

Glad I got this game installed again, and glad I got a tip on bloody Farbor. I always have trouble with that planet.

MagneticDuck

I didn't really think this map was THAT hard, beat it second try (first try I forgot there were spores to look out for...). The campaign overall wasn't really that challenging for me, but it was nicely written and was a nice introduction to the gameplay.

Been working in Tormented Space recently... now those are what I call some decently challenging maps ^^ Check out those worlds if you think Farbor is difficult.
main=(liftM2(>>)putStr print)"main=(liftM2(>>)putStr print)"

Write the following string, and then write it again in quotes: "Write the following string, and then write it again in quotes:"