Most hated planets trough the history of Creeper World (Spoilers!)

Started by Jacobkolstad, April 16, 2014, 11:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacobkolstad

Creeper World:
Spoiler
Planet 11 - Tucana.

You got a very limited time to build two mortars before the creeper takes you.
[close]

Creeper World 2 - Redemption:
Spoiler
Day 13 - Horror.

Surviving yourself is not hard at all, but you have to "save" all the capsules. Nobody survives anyway..
[close]

Creeper World 3 - Arc Eternal:
Spoiler
Farbor.

Not really hard to win, but it seems to be the most hated map of CW3 becuse of limited time.
[close]

J

May I say that (from the story maps) that are my favorite maps?

Relli

I agree on all three of those maps, but Horror to me was by far the worst. I spent a great deal of time repeatedly losing and fine-tuning things, until I finally won one day. But it was bad enough that it was the first game since Resident Evil 4 to make me say "forget being the hero, just let them die and move on".

Tjgalon

Wow, I did not experience to hard of a time on though maps, lol, most likely failed first time, but was easy to do again, lol.

4xC

hard the first time, easier the next times. That's these maps in a nutshell.

And playing hero as Relli suggests is definitely not my cup of tea during apocalyptic wars.  It's the victim's own fault for being so naive and arrogant by being so defensless and blindly trusting their own good fortune and peace before the conflict. ::)

You see this all the time in zombie plot situations and other plots involving revenge and retribution.
C,C,C,C

hbarudi

Why specifically these maps, there are other such maps in the storyline that are also very difficult:
cw1:
ara: emitters on top of pyramid and only walls that decay are the starting defense
corvus: need to get all the capsules if one dies you lose, that one is the one I had trouble with the first time
ix: low ground and creeper falls down, gotta get that drone quickly
pyxis: fight up terrain against creeper
loki: maybe, but without building the thor
cw2:
day 8: sliver, while doable, its the first limited to react to creeper type of map in the storyline
day 11: the cooker, the second such map where the creeper is held by decayable terrain and will kill a slow player
day 12: answer, the third such map where the enemy digs things out, gives players much trouble
day 13: horror, yes I agree, but its still easily beatable when first a few shields up top and a blaster can stop that area, then focus attacking to reach the capsule that is threatened by decayable terrain, while defending the bottom spot, then continue ignoring the capsule with the circle of creeper around it, but keep a few launchers, then continue to the most distant capsule since the creeper is slowly filling that area.
day 14: phoenix, some creeper, but player is under pressure due to first phantoms map
day 15: exterminate!, this map has the first drones and put a lot of early pressure on the player
day 16: purpose, this map is definitely more difficult than day 13, had to restart so many times no rescue capsules, but difficult to get the energy to defend against drones, phantoms, and lots of creeper, not for slow players at all
day 17: after the top creeper pool is dealt with, only the bottom capsule is the troublesome spot, not so difficult
day 18: the tide, much more difficult than day 13 and even day 16, multiple strong threats in many areas including creeper that comes out in a shape and drops over reactors forcing restart + even after surviving, there is that 750 health drone
day 19: colony prime, that map should be on this page, not day 13 from its difficulty, not only you have to rescue bunkers, while the bunkers can defend themselves a little, the creeper will kill them in a short time, and there are phantoms and drones and tough creeper with little starting energy
day 20: starting with 20000 energy does the trick, but still the enemy is digging and at least 2 beams need to be built.
cw2 summary, definitely days 16, 18, and 19 need to be on this list, they are quite difficult for starting players.
cw3:
starting from egos: defi, ruine, and choix put lots of early pressure on the player
frykt: mistet also puts early pressure on player
and the last 3 missions, put some kind of early pressure, including the ma on this page,
otrav has low starting ground, and farbor is listed here, and arca, nullifying the six things before the arc is revealed.
That is the description of the difficulty players face in the story maps of all 3 games.

There is one more thing to say here: The creeper is always trying to destroy everything and those maps are evident that te creeper does not want to wait.

iycgtptyarvg

I have to agree with the original poster. All those maps were bad because it punishes casual players. Especially Horror got me frustrated to the point that I quit playing the game. Either have a more casual setting, or don't include time constraint maps in a game. Getting stuck is NOT fun.

Lost in Nowhere

I found those maps to be fun because they were challenging and put more pressure on you.
Don't die! :)

4xC

Other maps could be described as harder than these 3 most hated maps, but these stand out as the most brutal for their places in the stories.

Essentially, they are the most hated because they have the highest overall time-crunches in which there is NO room to relax whatsoever. This is clearly to designed to test our abilities to employ rush-based strategies and most players like turtling like me.
C,C,C,C

Karsten75

Quote from: 4xC on April 29, 2014, 10:34:28 AM
This is clearly to designed to test our abilities to employ rush-based strategies and most players like turtling like me.

Prove your "most players" assertion.

Wheatmidge

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 29, 2014, 12:21:17 PM
Quote from: 4xC on April 29, 2014, 10:34:28 AM
This is clearly to designed to test our abilities to employ rush-based strategies and most players like turtling like me.

Prove your "most players" assertion.

If most players didn't prefer turtling then there wouldn't be all the hatred of time limited levels. I have always been a speed rush player. So I don't mind the timed levels but I understand why some people do.

Michionlion

It is very hard to prove anything involving 'Most Players' unless you are V, and have access to stats that probably don't exist anyways.  Everyone (most, in fact) doesn't comment here, and lots of people may play without internet for some times (hence, no scores), or chose not to submit scores.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Flabort

My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

planetfall

Horror's not really that hard except for that first capsule, and not really even that if you upgrade and prioritize right. Colony Prime, on the other hand, had me stuck for months when I first played it.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Lost in Nowhere

Yeah, Colony Prime was pretty hard.
Admittedly, I haven't ever finished All Things... I probably should do that at some point...
Don't die! :)