What is your favorite tiny detail in CW3?

Started by Nephthys, December 16, 2013, 03:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asbestos

It was useful at first, but then the overload of notifications on a failed beachhead or a buttload of armed spore towers quickly went past "useful" and into the realm of "annoying". Still, it's rather nice on a large map with few spores and randomly exploding buildings.

4xC

For me, the only major problem is playing medium-highly sized maps with or without a lot of coding work done making it lag like nobody's business.

I am in the process of beating "Metroid", but since the beginning, minutes in game-time have been real life hours; I spent over 2 hours of real time securing the whole ground from the first 2 emitters right outside the starting point to the Friendly Super-Structure in the far Southwest. In-game time was (I think) about a half hour.

Of course, playing on a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 Home premium that was purchased intitally for the sole purpose of academic work and anything other than video games does not help. I guess I will just wait until presumably, I can afford a MUCH stronger PC as I also play Starcraft 2 on this thing.
C,C,C,C

Nephthys

Quote from: Asbestos on June 10, 2014, 01:10:04 AM
It was useful at first, but then the overload of notifications on a failed beachhead or a buttload of armed spore towers quickly went past "useful" and into the realm of "annoying". Still, it's rather nice on a large map with few spores and randomly exploding buildings.

Mainly I appreciate them, but I can understand the negative aspect of the notifications. When they first popped up I thought I would have to "X" them away, but then they disappeared after a few seconds. And yeah, when you lose a large area they could be annoying. I guess the next thing we'll ask for is an option to turn them off.  :)  Poor V.  (tiny lol)

I made a (laughable) attempt at "Metroid" & the list of unwanted explosions was never ending.

(Someday I am going to ask for help with that one. At least a way to stay alive for 10 mins game time. Maybe someone will post a YT vid. Only 3(?) spores, but every 8 secs, no time to recover & DEFINITELY no chance to take them out beforehand.
EDIT OFF TOPIC: Wow! I made it all the way through Metroid! Yay! I won't say how long it took. lol)

knucracker

The option for turning them off should already exist.  Go to settings/misc and check the last box for not showing game event tags...

But, if for some reason I lose a giant collection of things I usually pause the game and assess what happened.  Clicking the X will dismiss a 'page' at a time of tags, or you can click each tag to individually cherry pick what you want to dismiss.