Possible bug with destroyed forge?

Started by Mimsy, November 09, 2013, 11:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otterbear

Quote from: Nephthys on December 10, 2013, 01:11:23 AM"...There are many weapons that cannot be moved once built. Bombers, Stratfers & Berthas come to mind. Guppies, too. .."

Having to re-locate a Strafer, Bomber, Guppie, or Bertha, does NOT cause you to loose thousands of units of aether, or throw you back into the "stone-age". Having to re-deploy your Forge WILL.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Otterbear on December 10, 2013, 06:31:47 PM
Quote from: Nephthys on December 10, 2013, 01:11:23 AM"...There are many weapons that cannot be moved once built. Bombers, Stratfers & Berthas come to mind. Guppies, too. .."

Having to re-locate a Strafer, Bomber, Guppie, or Bertha, does NOT cause you to loose thousands of units of aether, or throw you back into the "stone-age". Having to re-deploy your Forge WILL.
Essentially, it all comes down to this: Did you place your Forge carefully? If you need to move it that's your mistake (or the intention of the map maker). It is not the Forge's mistake.

And also -- can we make stone-age an official CW3 term for pre-Forge or not having a forge/disabling it?

Imposter

Quote from: Nephthys on December 10, 2013, 01:11:23 AM
I have to agree with the folks who say one Forge is enough & should be appropriately protected, not unlike the way you protect your Orbitals.

As long as you have other orbitals deployed, the game is pretty forgiving with them. An orbital that is about to die shoots back into space, and you can redeploy it in about a minute. It'd really only be bad to lose an orbital if a networks only possible energy source was from that orbital, and the creeper was barely being held off by weapons.

Nephthys

Quote from: Imposter on December 10, 2013, 10:09:34 PM
Quote from: Nephthys on December 10, 2013, 01:11:23 AM
I have to agree with the folks who say one Forge is enough & should be appropriately protected, not unlike the way you protect your Orbitals.

As long as you have other orbitals deployed, the game is pretty forgiving with them. An orbital that is about to die shoots back into space, and you can redeploy it in about a minute. It'd really only be bad to lose an orbital if a networks only possible energy source was from that orbital, and the creeper was barely being held off by weapons.

Yeah, I thought about Orbitals deploying back into space & not being destroyed like a forge, so not necessarily the best analogy. I was just trying to say they are two unit types that a player would/should try their hardest to protect. Plus, I guess I was remembering CW2 where it is game over if you lose OdinCity. Mixing games instead of metaphors.