Where did you get stuck? (Arc Missions)

Started by Duomaxwel, October 05, 2013, 12:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrongexperiment

I can not get past Farbor...

If some one could make a walk through video it would be greatly appreciated.

I have died with seconds to spare each time... I have tried different strategies and lost every attempt I made I get my nullifier about half way charged and lose... Its very frustrating. 

Hairball

Yeah I still can't win either.  I get within range of the ship and as soon as I start building an emitter time is out. :(  So close.

wrongexperiment

Just beat Farbor. I did what some one else said earlier which was to take out a ore thing right from the start then move away... It worked well, I finished at 80% or so. Berthas on the power area wipe out creeper. Makes a hell of a difference if anyone is having trouble with Farbor i put a couple berthas up and it was all smooth sailing from there wasn't even a challenge...

TonyP2000

Having finally bet the campaign, I must say that farbor is the hardest mission.
Vote Tony!

DaPatman

Ruine.

I can't seem to get enough energy to keep my beams supplied before the spores start coming.

Michionlion

You're probably building too many beams, DaPatman.  1 beam can take 2 spores before it has to charge.  I would suggest only using around 5, spaced out around the island.  You should be able to keep those up.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

DaPatman

I'm using 4, and that still seems to require too much energy. I can't get enough reactors built in time.

Grabarz19

The way I beat Farbor was probably quite not planned, but I wasn't even close to losing it when I beat it.
Spoiler
[close]

I settled on both north-west and south-east islands and started to slowly build by network with primary goal being to defeat the Emitters on these islands. That took me a while. After I liberated both islands, I started amassing reactors with one goal in mind -> to take over the middle island using Guppies and a ton of blasters being directly supplied. Then I slowly worked over the island to in the end take out the ship, completely ignored the west part of the map.

Spoiler
[close]

cooltv27

for one whole day, I was stuck on farbor, then I finally figured it out (a whole day of trial and error)

if you want harder try to get the speed ending on arca, much harder...
you have to beat the level in under 2:30
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)
I has a youtube channel youtube.com/user/cooltv27

DaPatman

Okay, I've beaten it now. I placed both command nodes on the centre island and overbuilt much less than I had been.

JF-T

Farbor. Can';t get past it for the life of me. I can clear the first two islands fine before the ship gets to 29%, but after that my speed jsut dies totally to a crawl.
Seriously can't for the life of me figure out a good strategy to clear a small bit of land across a space gap without using a bertha since that would take forever to arm to be honest.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

cooltv27

Quote from: JF-T on October 06, 2013, 07:23:29 PM
Farbor. Can';t get past it for the life of me. I can clear the first two islands fine before the ship gets to 29%, but after that my speed jsut dies totally to a crawl.
Seriously can't for the life of me figure out a good strategy to clear a small bit of land across a space gap without using a bertha since that would take forever to arm to be honest.
on the top island I had a bertha on the power zone, on the bottom relay to reach the middle island. build lots of cannons and mortars and find a place a relay can reach the PZ one on the bottom island, fire the PZ bertha and send all your units next to the location of main island and if you had enough, they will destroy the creeper and you have enough time to build the relay and power them, then its off from there.
I did this as I ignored the other islands, I really only cared about the corners and main island. with my style I got a p2 victory with the totem at about 84%-87% because im not very fast.
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)
I has a youtube channel youtube.com/user/cooltv27

Hairball

One of my problems with Farbor is a dumb mistake. 

Spoiler

Toward the end, since I'd connected one island to the mainland, I had one side low on power/ore and the other side with more.  I tried fixing that with guppies but that's not very efficient.

The answer: once you get a foothold on the mainland, connect your other island too.  Don't waste a PZ, just use relays to connect via the little tiny island.
[close]

Bisounours42

Hello,

I'm stuck on Krig and I have no f***ing idea how to do it.

I secured the starting area and the wouth west island, but then I don't know what to do.

Lost in Nowhere

I'm currently stuck on Farbor. By the time I got a foothold on the center island, the totem was at about 50%. It went off when the nullifier for it was half charged.
Edit - And just finished with it at 93%
Don't die! :)