Where did you get stuck? (Arc Missions)

Started by Duomaxwel, October 05, 2013, 12:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duomaxwel

Which Arc missions stumped you so far. For me there's only one, Vapen on Frykt. So until I can think of a better way, it's time for a break.

CobraKill

Quote from: Duomaxwel on October 05, 2013, 12:07:07 AM
Which Arc missions stumped you so far. For me there's only one, Vapen on Frykt. So until I can think of a better way, it's time for a break.

Wait until Farbor :P
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

TonyP2000

I honestly never beat farbor....I got too busy with school to finish the whole story.
Vote Tony!

Valley

Quote from: CobraKill on October 05, 2013, 12:16:24 AM

Wait until Farbor :P

Yup where I'm at now. I personally hate time events, but it does add a nice dynamic.

pawel345

Shrike30

Stuck?  The game came out *today* and people are stuck? :)

Finished up the Arc (far too late at night, but yeah).  Good times :D

Helper

If you give us some details on where you're stuck, maybe someone can post a hint.
H

BGMFH

Vapen is all about timing, and using shields and reactors properly IMO.  I think Im in like 10th on time for that one, need to redo it and get my time down.

Helper

I didn't use any shields on Vapen.
For me it followed the classic CW tactic of building power (layout your Collectors for 3xCN's, plus the Forge), add in your Reactors, and build your defenses at the last possible moment.

And save, save, save...as has already been mentioned.
:)
H

platinawolf

Soo, how do you beat Farbor? I guess my tactics tend to be on the slow side but,,, Games are supposed to be fun, so what if it takes me 30 minutes to win a map :P I like my terps! Ground goes up, ground goes down!

teknotiss

there are a few methods that work. it sort of depends on how much you want to adapt your play style.
i only secured the 2 islands with a single emitter, then i built a bertha on each PZ and a large number of mortars, blasters and shields, plus some guppies.
once the attack groups were done i went for a kill against the construction area. i missed it by a few seconds, but it left me able to push on and kill the fianal emitter fairly easily. i didn't build any terps or air units apart from guppies (i love terps but time v energy made it too tricky,and the pay off wasn't obvious so i just crammed reactors wherever i could).
hope that helps
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

TonyP2000

Quote from: Shrike30 on October 05, 2013, 06:24:30 AM
Stuck?  The game came out *today* and people are stuck? :)

Finished up the Arc (far too late at night, but yeah).  Good times :D

I had this game for over a year (well technically story missions were completed in the last few months) and I still never beat. To see that people have already beat in one day says a lot lol.
Vote Tony!

platinawolf

Gosh, Karbor wasn't as bad as I thought... Sure, there's no way I can reach the first deadline but once the ship is assembled it needs a minute to reach the totem... And then it needs 20 minutes or so to charge... Much easier with that much time at your disposal ^^*

Cruster

Navox Tiplex is giving me some trouble. I can't seem to stem the flow to get at those nodes. Bombing didn't seem to have much effect, the sprayer(s) seem unable to stem the flow. I've tried Terping which holds back the flow for a while and then I get over run again!

Any tips ?  :)  (will be gratefully received)

tmpusr

Farbor is really frustrating....

I'm eager to continue the game, see more missions, but I can't seem to get past that one.
Don't really like time limits at all, but that may just be me..