Previous topic - Next topic

F0R

The smoking revolver

There is always a I in team

J

I'm more a game creator than a gamer. :D

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on June 13, 2010, 06:09:52 AM
Yay, 18min on my first try, I could've topped of a minute if I'd have seen that artifact (I was already thinking the totems didn't work).

I liked this map, very nice and a bit hectic start.
But why can't you move that city, I always like a movable city as that gives me a feeling of freedom.

Ow, that's not bad at all! Glad to see you back here sqaz; I missed you.... :)

You can move the city on almost all of my maps and I guess I could have left it moveable on this one as well, because:
- there's not much to gain on this map, as the only other place available to OC is on the case of the computer and this only shortens the supply route to the reactor tech.
- the mouse is a much safer place (just let the game run for a few minutes after saving the pod), so it's much cheaper to defend.

I wanted the player to play this map via the 2 mouse buttons however, so the choice is made story wise. ;)

Quote from: F0R on June 13, 2010, 06:26:20 AM
Nice job on this map

Thanks F0R! :)

Quote from: Jstudio on June 13, 2010, 09:02:08 AM
I'm more a game creator than a gamer. :D

Believe me when I say there's no need to choose.... ;D
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Vexsin

Whoot! 2nd place!

What's the runner up prize?

BTW, I like how your computer looks like an old Pentium 1 tower with an old fashion IBM keyboard

UpperKEES

Quote from: Vexsin on July 28, 2010, 03:31:16 PM
What's the runner up prize?

I'd say about $5000,- (tax free) ;)

Quote from: Vexsin on July 28, 2010, 03:31:16 PM
BTW, I like how your computer looks like an old Pentium 1 tower with an old fashion IBM keyboard

Heheh! Yeah, I needed to make quite a large tower (who has 3 DVD drives and still a 3,5" floppy drive?), while I didn't have that much space for the keyboard, so I had to leave out some keys, like the numeric keypad.

snowmaker (JM)

I finally understand how you got such a good time... so many months ago. Upgrades really make a difference  ;)

UpperKEES

Yep, they do, but I actually played this map twice (from different computers, so it shows only one mission) and the second time I used a very different strategy. I believe my first time was around 17-18 minutes.