Custom Map #1007: Creeper-Conversion 1

Started by AutoPost, April 04, 2012, 12:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1007: Creeper-Conversion 1

Author: malibo29

Desc:
You rifted on a very porous planet and creeper is about to destroy it completely. Dr. Aliana believes in the "good core" of the creeper. Can there be anything like this?

Molay

Can I get a hint on how to beat the mission? I always end up dead pretty quickly

fitz

Quote from: Molay on April 04, 2012, 07:19:21 PM
Can I get a hint on how to beat the mission? I always end up dead pretty quickly

I'm not sure I am the best to give advise as I don't appear to have a very good score. However ...

I learnt that you must take control of the centre ground quickly. Shields and blasters with some launcher help at the start.
Kill the top right emitter fast then work down the emitters each side whilst working down the middle with shields and blasters, one square at a time.

On reflection I suspect repulsors may secure the centre ground somewhat more efficiently.

MuadDib

I would suggest not to dig in the middle on the contrary. The ground can hold back the creeper long enough for you to get to control it with launchers in time. Once most of the ground is destroyed, be careful to keep units in the middle as the creeper can gain ground back pretty fast there. Very nice map with surprises !