Anti-creeper emitters in editor

Started by Krelos, December 15, 2011, 07:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krelos

I've read on the forum to put a negative value in the density field to make anti-creeper emitters. I've tried that, but all it does is set the value to 0. People have said to make sure you have the latest patch, so I made sure and I do. So I thought maybe it just says 0, but it's actually alright. So I saved the map and tested it, and it turned out that emitter was just a very, very weak regular emitter.

My question is, what am I doing wrong?

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Krelos on December 15, 2011, 07:55:58 PM
I've read on the forum to put a negative value in the density field to make anti-creeper emitters. I've tried that, but all it does is set the value to 0. People have said to make sure you have the latest patch, so I made sure and I do. So I thought maybe it just says 0, but it's actually alright. So I saved the map and tested it, and it turned out that emitter was just a very, very weak regular emitter.

My question is, what am I doing wrong?
Did you set the maximum density to a negative number, as well?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Grauniad on December 15, 2011, 08:07:40 PM
Check that you have the latest patch to the game.

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld2/patches.php
He said up there that he has the latest patch... He's probably tired of hearing it by now.

mthw2vc

Worth noting: The editor requires a separate patch from the one needed to update the game itself- You can get that patch here.

Krelos

Still not sure what it was, but reinstalling the editor worked for me. Thanks everyone.

Ebon Heart

I stand corrected... It was the editor version. :P

J

If you set the max density to a positive (negative if density is positive) number you can create a AC emitter emitting creeper and a normal emitter emitting AC. The density determines if it is an AC emitter or not. Example: density -1000 max density +1000. Result: AC emitter removing 1000 creeper. If the density is less than 1000 it changes the density to 1000. 0 -> 1000, 5600 -> 4600