Custom Map #7022: CSM-83 MADNESS. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, January 27, 2019, 02:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ehekatl

Using the accelerator on some emitters results in a very high output after the timer expires.

Also, maybe mouseover text could be more descriptive. Like "Powers up all enemy emitters by 0.2 times" instead of the "dog's guarantee!" flavour text.

I liked the map a lot though.

DoomDutch

Quote from: Schizo on January 28, 2019, 11:54:59 AM
Sorry Yum, these styles of maps from you have gone from fun to frustrating.  I am no longer enjoying them at all.

It's actually a point to be made:
I do feel that the map has too many gimmicks at the moment. I think it'd be better to have like a few of these gimmicks in a map, focusing on those aspect more. (Personally, I don't like to use the bombs at all, as it makes the game too easy.)

bendobe

Created this account just to say thank you for all of the maps.  This one was fun to figure out and you are the reason this game is still in heavy rotation on my PC.

Neoshade

Portals are definitely broken if you load a saved game. I've got emitters putting out 900 and 1500 that are flooding over the number gates (which seem to function as 10-high walls) and just wreaking havoc upon the map.

Schizo

Quote from: yum-forum on January 28, 2019, 01:04:37 PM
Sorry Yum, these styles of maps from you have gone from fun to frustrating.  I am no longer enjoying them at all.

Thanks for comments!  :)

It was experimental map with many many new features. And I agree that it was like "madness"...
If I will create next map it will be not so complicated (with limited features) and more fun for playing.

I really hope you do continue making maps.  I do love your maps.  This was just a bit much I think.  The title was good though.  It is madness. :D hehe

yum-forum

Quote from: EEderle on January 28, 2019, 04:34:08 PM
Quote from: yum-forum on January 28, 2019, 12:59:58 PM
Quote from: EEderle on January 28, 2019, 07:06:39 AM
I am stuck in the lower right hand corner ... any hints?

Can you show screenshot, please?

Don't know how to insert a picture ;-(   Attached a screenshot

Thanks for screenshot.
Now I understand that in this position can help restart of game or maybe only singularity weapon.
At the begining of game you had 3 StargateBlockers. And you can find 3 gates not far from CN for its. Then will be not so hard to make progress in game.
Sorry, please, but it was mistake in tactics.
Hope you will enjoy second attept and Good luck!  :)

P.S. You can watch fresh video from DarkRubberNeck
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

Quote from: Neoshade on January 28, 2019, 08:06:49 PM
Portals are definitely broken if you load a saved game. I've got emitters putting out 900 and 1500 that are flooding over the number gates (which seem to function as 10-high walls) and just wreaking havoc upon the map.

As I explained before in this map level of going to void setted to 2000 and emitters 900 and 1500 was planned in gameplay. But if you use AccelleratorBomb which influence also on creeper emitters in this case can be overflow into void.
last

Regallion

Quote from: yum-forum on January 28, 2019, 11:31:14 PM
Quote from: Neoshade on January 28, 2019, 08:06:49 PM

As I explained before in this map level of going to void setted to 2000 and emitters 900 and 1500 was planned in gameplay. But if you use AccelleratorBomb which influence also on creeper emitters in this case can be overflow into void.
Naw that's a bug with the bridges which is fixed in the latest template.

yum-forum

last

Twi

Personally, I had fun with this map. Like, loads of fun, aside from the part where the bridge overflow bug forced me to restart at one point.

Some points:

1: The crystal text is silly because they're color-coded in the the right way anyways (green is good red is bad), they're explained here in the forum, and I honestly don't think trying to mislead the player about what things do is a good idea to begin with from a game design perspective. They're a valid concept, though :P

And the armored emitters are really cool!

I'm gonna echo Doom down there, though, at least to an extent. I'd prefer smaller or at least simpler (less stuff in them) maps with a few less gimmicks in each one, especially if that lets them be made and played faster. Not that there's anything wrong with madness once in a while :D
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

yum-forum

last

Scarpath

Lots of fun! I'd suggest setting a limit of gimmicks per map, and just have fun exploring which ones work well together. All in all, you guys once again prove that you'll never be content with the content. Always has to be more. Which is awesome, I love all the different gimmicks. Though, my pc doesn't like going past 1x speed on the crazy maps... XD

Taishan

I made a video for this map aswell.

Spoilers obviously as I reveal what I know about the map..

TypoNinja

Quote from: yum-forum on January 28, 2019, 01:04:37 PM

Thanks for comments!  :)

It was experimental map with many many new features. And I agree that it was like "madness"...
If I will create next map it will be not so complicated (with limited features) and more fun for playing.

I gotta second the sentiment.

These CSM style maps are easily my favorite kinds, along with PAC maps a close second.

But I think they are starting to suffer feature creep.

It's cool we can do so much with the editor, but all of it in one place is just too much for me. They stop being nice little creeper vs creeper wars and just start being a headache.

ShadowDragon7015

bit of a bug if you use an accelerator on one of the enemies with the lives once you have converted them: The number will keep multiplying when the accelerator deactivates. So i ended up with an anticreeper spawner making a few million anticreeper.
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.