Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1979: Wisdom and the Cage

Author: GamaLight

Desc:
Another one for long time players...

DanHall4Freedom

ShadowDragon7015

Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

GamaLight

Okay, I believe there was enough time for us, at least 17 players, to keep the pride. :D

So, here's the solution. It is very complicated so if you're not expert in CW2, don't even bother to read this... :P

Spoiler
In about 30 seconds creeper teleports from right to left and ground starts to decay so it is of vital importance to prevent it in doing that. "How the creep do I do that?" Well, here's the tricky part: simply 'open' the chamber on left and... build shields inside it before creeper teleports! That's it. Nothing more to do here. You have enough energy for that manouver so that it'll take you aprox 3 minutes to finish with capsule.
[close]

Man, I swear I won't give up solution of next map. See what you have. Ask yourself why would somene give you 3 sheilds when there's a lot of creeper. Test everything, try everything, go where no man has gone before... :)

Angel

Quote from: GamaLight link=topic=12671.msg89717#msg89717 date=1360804344
/quote]Man, I swear I won't give up solution of next map. See what you have. Ask yourself why would somene give you 3 sheilds when there's a lot of creeper. Test everything, try everything, go where no man has gone before... :)

That's exactly what I thought after the first few attempts, then i remembered that teleporting creeper dies when it tries to teleport to a shield.
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

Kithros

I didn't think it was complicated at all personally.. it seemed really obvious to me (I pretty much always try to block teleporting fields with shields..).

That said, it is actually possible to beat it conventionally, I fought off the creeper for the lol.

Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Angel on February 13, 2013, 08:51:43 PM
Quote from: GamaLight link=topic=12671.msg89717#msg89717 date=1360804344
/quote]Man, I swear I won't give up solution of next map. See what you have. Ask yourself why would somene give you 3 sheilds when there's a lot of creeper. Test everything, try everything, go where no man has gone before... :)

That's exactly what I thought after the first few attempts, then i remembered that teleporting creeper dies when it tries to teleport to a shield.

Actually, it doesn't die - it just doesn't teleport. Remember that a teleport field is no different than any moving field, just that it moves faster - there's no reason for it to not get blocked by shields like any moving field does (provided it actually moves onto the shield of course).

GamaLight

@Angel - That's it. Just some thinking and exploring helps a lot. :)

Quote from: Kithros on February 13, 2013, 08:52:17 PM
I didn't think it was complicated at all personally.. it seemed really obvious to me (I pretty much always try to block teleporting fields with shields..).

That said, it is actually possible to beat it conventionally, I fought off the creeper for the lol.

Spoiler
[close]

It's not complicated for you. And other people who know about this teleporting stuff. But this is more "let's learn" map designed to show other people how CW2 is not just "build a blaster and shoot" game. One could.. One should! say it's the best game ever.

yum-forum

Quote from: GamaLight on February 13, 2013, 08:58:03 PM

....CW2 is not just "build a blaster and shoot" game....

Absolutely agree!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

tijno77

Quote from: GamaLight on February 13, 2013, 08:58:03 PM

It's not complicated for you. And other people who know about this teleporting stuff. But this is more "let's learn" map designed to show other people how CW2 is not just "build a blaster and shoot" game. One could.. One should! say it's the best game ever.

I know about the shield thing for a long time. but I just didn't think about it :P

DanHall4Freedom

Got it. Thanks. Chocking it up to a "senior moment" for me. I coulder-shoulder seen that.

Angel

Well, it looked like it was dying. Cause the density in the thingy ma bobber was going down...but yes, i knew about it too, didn't think about it. I know about most that stuff, glitches, tricks, etc...i know bout most of those...but yah, i wasn't thinking bout the shield blocking field movement (teleporting movement)
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

Coradon

LOL! Kithros, you rebel, you suck! But great job, lol!