Credits

Started by Someone, October 07, 2013, 08:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Someone

CW 3 credits ,so hard,any tips guys? :D :D

CobraKill

Patience. The guns can cut through if you give them time. Also you can stand in the middle of the creeper and fire the gun directly on yourself, you and a nullifier won't take any damage. If you go slow enough, you can wade through the creeper.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Someone

ty,btw who is charles?

Grauniad

Quote from: Someone on October 07, 2013, 09:06:58 AM
ty,btw who is charles?

The in-game equivalent of Kilroy....  And the gatekeeper of the hidden rooms...
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

knucracker

I like to turn on auto fire (bullets are free) then sweep with the mouse.  When you start to enter a room if you stand at the doorway and sweep with the mouse in a loop (a circle or square) that always comes nears your player, you can clear out a room fairly quickly.  The trick is to target the deep creeper with your shots but to always sweep back near your player frequently... else you die and teleport back to the start point.

There is also an optimal key-collection order.  And if you play for time you should do different things than if you play for score...

Cavemaniac

Quote from: virgilw on October 07, 2013, 11:14:24 AM

The trick is to target the deep creeper with your shots but to always sweep back near your player frequently... else you die and teleport back to the start point.

I found it interesting to emulate our hard working friends, The PC.

We're so used to simply building a PC and letting it get on with it's job that we forget how much work it does.

Occasionally I'd go crook at one that screwed up and let some creeper through and something important/expensive got blown up.

But now, by being in charge of my own targeting, I realize just how much they have to think about what they do and the consequences of getting it wrong!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

JF-T

Also don't forget the projectiles only explode where you clicked the mouse, so it goes as far as the camera will go. Takes a bit to clear some rooms, the fastest time is after all 22 minutes or so.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps