UpperKEES

:)

I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Quite applicable actually!
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Vile

Well...it kicked my arse.  It was completed finally, but the time is awful.  VERY nice map!

UpperKEES

Thanks Vile! :) Nice to see a new 'face' around here.

Time doesn't matter that much when you had fun though. I'm not sure if you've been fighting the creeper in the laboratory glasswork; that would cost quite some time (and energy).

What I do is:

Spoiler
I build a relay after dropping some blasters in the middle section above the beaker (that contained the blaster tech) to go up, thus avoiding the intensive creeper parts with the emitters. So I only cap the emitters in the test tubes and the beaker.
[close]

RichieRich

Thanks UpperKees - that was really interesting - I see I got a time quite close to yours but I actually went left and right from the start  - after a few tries I figured as it only took one blaster to hold own the testtube and only light energy use in going up the left it might be a better energy gain. By the time I got the relay I just had to place them to finish the map.

If I got my multitasking down better I figure I could take a bit of time off.

Hmmm, I'll have a think about it and give it another go later. :D

Thanks again and much appreciated.

PS, I got a new laptop and was able to play the Lifeguard - posting the worst time  ;D Interesting emitters

UpperKEES

Quote from: RichieRich on June 18, 2010, 09:35:58 AM
Thanks UpperKees - that was really interesting - I see I got a time quite close to yours but I actually went left and right from the start  - after a few tries I figured as it only took one blaster to hold own the testtube and only light energy use in going up the left it might be a better energy gain. By the time I got the relay I just had to place them to finish the map.

Thanks also to you for playing again! :)

Hmmm, sounds like I should be able to improve my own score as well now everybody seems to be going up at the sides....

If I got my multitasking down better I figure I could take a bit of time off.

Just pause every 10-15 seconds. The pause button (or 'P') is my best friend. ;)

Hmmm, I'll have a think about it and give it another go later. :D

Thanks again and much appreciated.

Better be quick; a new map will be released tonight. 8)

By the way: I just noticed you are the second to pass the 100,000 points barrier for the Nice Job high scores. :)

PS, I got a new laptop and was able to play the Lifeguard - posting the worst time  ;D Interesting emitters

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that people are able to keep those pods alive for 15 minutes!  :o

Miss Melissa

i really liked this map with its confined spaces.. its a real energy saver. I actually paid attention to the map forum this time.. im sure it improved my score.  :)

Karsten75

You may have to revisit this map yourself - too many of us are now bettering your score... :P

UpperKEES

Quote from: Miss Melissa on June 21, 2010, 01:59:26 AM
i really liked this map with its confined spaces.. its a real energy saver. I actually paid attention to the map forum this time.. im sure it improved my score.  :)

Thanks Melissa! :)

Reading the comments always helps, as I tend to give some tips along the way. On the other hand I know you're the kind of player that likes to figure out everything yourself, which might also lead to a solution nobody else thought of.

Very nice score you got there! ;) Three minutes faster than mine, so I'll certainly have a hard time beating that one, but I'll definitely try....

Quote from: Karsten75 on June 21, 2010, 06:47:58 AM
You may have to revisit this map yourself - too many of us are now bettering your score... :P

Wow! You improved your score a lot! :o I'll indeed have to play again and I love that. It happened quite often recently with my own maps, so I guess players are getting better and better, which certainly enhances the competition element. :)

UpperKEES

Quote from: Karsten75 on June 21, 2010, 06:47:58 AM

Done! ;)

Spoiler
I'm sure it can be done at least 1-2 minutes faster though. During my first attempt I used 10-11 energy, this time only 6.  8)
[close]

UpperKEES

QuoteRank   Player         Score   Time                  Total Missions

(...)

17   Anonymous   6265   35 min 46 sec   27

Wow! It could very well be that Anonymous holds the record for the total number of missions! When you finish the same map 27 times I guess you must like it. ;)

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 19, 2010, 10:32:26 AM
QuoteRank   Player         Score   Time                  Total Missions

(...)

17   Anonymous   6265   35 min 46 sec   27

Wow! It could very well be that Anonymous holds the record for the total number of missions! When you finish the same map 27 times I guess you must like it. ;)

Or, everyone that plays like Anonymous gets his total missions there, cause 27 times playing the same map that's alot, even for a map like one of UpperKEES ;D

UpperKEES

Yeah, but when so many users would be submitting their scores as 'Anonymous' you would expect to see more high totals for the number of missions for other maps and this is the only one I've seen so far. It would also be rather coincidental that all these anonymous users play the same map within a one month time frame.

DethbyIT

That was great fun.
I don't care about time - just winning.

Thanks for putting another great map together.

UpperKEES

Yeah, finishing (and saving OC) is the most important and satisfying part.

Thank you for playing so many maps lately! :)

eudrick

That was one heck of a fight.  I used BOTH of the strategies that the others talked about, which probably cost me a bunch of time.  However, not striving to post best times, it was a wonderful learning experience.  I noted, for my own improvement, where I would have been able to save energy and increase speed and this will aid me in the rest of the NJ series.  I've got to say that these maps have radically improved my skill level.  Thanks.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein