Version 1.0.2 Preview

Started by knucracker, October 21, 2016, 02:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

12345ieee

Linux, amd64, intel integrated graphics here.

I can't reproduce Exostum's bug, everything looks correctly, as in his 1.0.1 picture.

knucracker

I'm not reproducing it either...
Exostum, check your log and see if anything odd is in it.

knucracker

Ok, the issue must be the same as this:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=22118.msg151386#msg151386
I can manage to reproduce it by resizing the game window when playing.  That makes things randomly disappear.  If I restart the mission, they reappear.

Now ahat Unity is up to now is currently beyond me.  I dared update to 5.4.2final(2) thinking 5.4 had baked for long enough.  Silly me.

knucracker

Alright, the steam beta branch has been updated to 1.0.2b3.  This build should address the omni energy reporting issue that could make energy consumption appear wonky while the omni reactor upgrade went from 0 to 100% efficiency.

I have also reverted to Unity 5.3.6.  This should address the graphics flaking out.  That looks like a bad Unity 5.4 bug to me...  I don't need anything in Unity 5.4, so 5.3.6 is more stable currently.  Now the reversion required hooking some things up that the upgrade to 5.4 changed.  So if you see anything that look purple rather than its correct color/texture, take a screenshot and let me know.

Prof

In the beta version, if your UI scale is at a certain setting, the data inside text boxes is missing.
See attached images for clarity

12345ieee

Linux, amd64, v1.0.2b3.

Big V, omnis still give problems to the energy display.

Have a look at these screenshot:

Energy request well above energy production, yet storage does not decrease (it flip-flopped between 99 and 100).
This is not a transient situation, it was like this for >10 seconds.

No omni reactors, only omni cannons.

Map is Exchange #232

knucracker

Interesting and embarrassing....
The problem was that the enemy energy mine cannons were counting towards energy consumption.  Basically, I neglected to check the enemy status of things collecting energy.  Those enemy energy mine cannons are starving and were adding to the apparent energy consumption total for the player.

Oblivion

Just me, or does the emitter options deserve a scrollbar? Just barely able to click the buttons below delete unit.
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

knucracker

Yeah, I was figuring somebody would notice.  You are running on a 720 high display.  I tried and tried to make things fit at 720 over the last two years.  But I got lazy when I added the last options to the emitter editor and was only testing at 768.

Also... what OS are you running on?  Some of your fonts look really different.  The "CORPORATE HQ" font looks different and so does the font in your red game events.

Oblivion

OS X Ver 10.9.5 Never thought anything of the text except I took OMNI as OVNI first.
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

knucracker

Has the text always looked like that for you or did it look different in 1.0 or 1.0.1?

--edit--

It looks like for some reason your don't have the Arial font on your system, or it has been replaced by some other font.  On my mac things look identical to windows and linux.  The fonts that appear differently in your screenshot are all using Arial, though (the Unity default font).  Try bringing up the Font Book application on your mac and see if Arial is present.  If you upgraded from an earlier version of OSX could be something happened along the way. 

If things are working fine for you definitely don't change anything.  I'm just curious if Arial is missing on your system and that is what is producing the difference.

Oblivion

It does not appear Im missing Arial on my font. It has been like this since 1.0, (or at the very least since I downloaded it from Steam). Im only slightly annoyed by the emitter thing but its no big deal, just esc out of the menu or click something else to get out.
--edit--
as for the font thing, Steam has constantly required for overlay access or what not whenever I open it up. Thats probably the font issue, I usually click deny since no is better than screwing up with a yes.

knucracker

The steam beta branch has been updated with the 1.0.2 release build.  This will be moved to the default branch tomorrow unless a major problem is found.

Kharnellius

Quote from: virgilw on October 24, 2016, 07:31:34 PM
Interesting and embarrassing....
The problem was that the enemy energy mine cannons were counting towards energy consumption.  Basically, I neglected to check the enemy status of things collecting energy.  Those enemy energy mine cannons are starving and were adding to the apparent energy consumption total for the player.

Hmm, I am experiencing this still.  I will post a log, etc when I have a chance.

knucracker

A mission save that reproduces it would be good.  Also make sure your version says 1.0.2 on the main menu.  There could easily be some other case I didn't catch in your particular mission setup.