Map did not complete

Started by oldnewby, September 24, 2022, 04:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldnewby

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 19, 2022, 06:45:29 PM
Quote from: Dumgui on September 19, 2022, 06:23:19 PMOh I didn't think to look in Unity settings, thanks.
I want to keep my saves, because its the only way I can keep track of the fact that I already played a map.
there is a specific file, mcs.dat that keep track of map completions. It has nothing to do with save files.
Karsten75 - Need help... After many, many, hours to complete Rennervate (AlexX's) map #10275 155-Hopp Hopp Hopp V2... Unfortunately, the map complete feature did not activate... The map was not unusually complex... The creeper units were just innumerable numbers of emitters and spore towers... So, it was impossible to miss any... even checked every inch of the map with a nullifier, just to be certain... While I could back go to my prior day's end save... It would take over 4 hours of my time to refinish the map...  (Old geezers like me need to use the "N" key a lot...) Completed AlexX's version one map #10272 without any problems...  Never had this problem before... Your advice would be appreciated... Her is my friends only screen shot  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2867208058

Karsten75

Quote from: oldnewby on September 24, 2022, 04:05:25 PMKarsten75 - Need help... After many, many, hours to complete Rennervate (AlexX's) map #10275 155-Hopp Hopp Hopp V2... Unfortunately, the map complete feature did not activate... The map was not unusually complex... The creeper units were just innumerable numbers of emitters and spore towers... So, it was impossible to miss any... even checked every inch of the map with a nullifier, just to be certain... While I could back go to my prior day's end save... It would take over 4 hours of my time to refinish the map...  (Old geezers like me need to use the "N" key a lot...) Completed AlexX's version one map #10272 without any problems...  Never had this problem before... Your advice would be appreciated... Her is my friends only screen shot  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2867208058

@OldNewby Now first I have to ask why you tacked your issue on to an unrelated issue instead of starting your own topic?

Secondly, Wow, 18h23 into  ampa, that must be some record and I can see why you'd not want to lose your progress. 

But the bad news is, from a screenshot I can't really help you. I have no idea and I have not played the map myself.  

There usually are two things (at least that's how may I remember from long ago) that prevent a map from completing. Not nullifying all enemy objects, or not collecting all objects that have to be collected. 

If none of those apply, I'd suggest you stick the map on the thread as an attachment and maybe some other soul that is still current on CW3 can take a look at the save file and give you a clue. 

Karsten75

@oldnewby  Just a ping, the feature was not enabled

oldnewby

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 24, 2022, 05:17:42 PM
Quote from: oldnewby on September 24, 2022, 04:05:25 PMKarsten75 - Need help... After many, many, hours to complete Rennervate (AlexX's) map #10275 155-Hopp Hopp Hopp V2... Unfortunately, the map complete feature did not activate... The map was not unusually complex... The creeper units were just innumerable numbers of emitters and spore towers... So, it was impossible to miss any... even checked every inch of the map with a nullifier, just to be certain... While I could back go to my prior day's end save... It would take over 4 hours of my time to refinish the map...  (Old geezers like me need to use the "N" key a lot...) Completed AlexX's version one map #10272 without any problems...  Never had this problem before... Your advice would be appreciated... Her is my friends only screen shot  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2867208058

@OldNewby Now first I have to ask why you tacked your issue on to an unrelated issue instead of starting your own topic?

Secondly, Wow, 18h23 into  ampa, that must be some record and I can see why you'd not want to lose your progress.

But the bad news is, from a screenshot I can't really help you. I have no idea and I have not played the map myself. 

There usually are two things (at least that's how may I remember from long ago) that prevent a map from completing. Not nullifying all enemy objects, or not collecting all objects that have to be collected.

If none of those apply, I'd suggest you stick the map on the thread as an attachment and maybe some other soul that is still current on CW3 can take a look at the save file and give you a clue.
Thank you for your attention Karsten75... Whatever my problem was... it was a "once only" problem...  suspect that somewhere in all that map, I must have missed a small emitter that was suppressed by abandoned units as the action passed on...
In the end... I bit-the-bullet and the extra 6 hours since the prior night's save... was fun... even cut a minute off of my time...   Thank you for all that you and your associates do to keep CW3 alive for us old timers who love the game!!!!