Custom Map #323: Annoying

Started by AutoPost, October 15, 2011, 04:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #323: Annoying

Author: karsten75

Desc:
This is a derivative from the earliest test maps during CW1 development. Added from the original is a gatweay that digs towards the massive drone site.

DethbyIT

OUCH! is right.
If I fell for any more traps in that game, I would have run out of beer.
After it was over, it was actually a lot of fun.

Good stuff - thanks.
dbit

MadMurphy

Annoying or Fun? Mostly annoying.

Colin

This map was "made" to show all of the
annoying things map makers can do with
the editor. Karsten managed to combine
all of them and make a funny map.

xD
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Kithros

It could be made much much more annoying if one tried to- ultimately, if someone tries to make an annoying map, you can't really stop them.

dp2112

That was really really really annoying!!!

Karsten75

Kithros

It's possible to destroy the 2147M density creeper block in under a minute using 3 repulsors - as a tip for people making maps, you really shouldn't put the creeper density *that* close to the maximum.

EDIT: This is where I was 25 seconds in (if anyone was curious, the tech domes were deactivated so I didn't spend energy on them at that time):
Spoiler
[close]

DethbyIT

Kithros - neat trick, and I'll try it out.
In an earlier version I lined up 8 Repulsors on each side (plus a lot of Blasters & Launchers, and the Creeper ate right through everything.
dbit

Grauniad

Kithros, exactly how did you do that? I tried 2 ways:

1. I built shields around the creeper and then positioned the repulsors outside the shields. Fail to compress.

2. I did not build shields. The creeper exploded and destroyed the repulsors.

I've never been able to do the "trick" of compressing creeper into anti-creeper and would love to master that technique.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Kithros

Quote from: Grauniad on October 18, 2011, 10:03:19 PM
Kithros, exactly how did you do that? I tried 2 ways:

1. I built shields around the creeper and then positioned the repulsors outside the shields. Fail to compress.

2. I did not build shields. The creeper exploded and destroyed the repulsors.

I've never been able to do the "trick" of compressing creeper into anti-creeper and would love to master that technique.

I built shields around it, and had all 3 of the repulsors disarmed - as soon as the terrain dug through (the exact frame - if you wait too long after it finishes gravity can mess it up) I turned on the right repulsor for 1 frame (using n)- the 3 left subcells overflow, and then I turned off the right repulsor and turned on the 2 left repulsors (a 2nd repulsor is needed this time because the right repulsor pushed some of the creeper from the middle away already), and since the anti-creeper only just appeared it has not destroyed any of the creeper yet on this frame, which means the 2 left repulsors can overflow the 3 right subcells before any of the anti-creeper kills off the creeper. This leaves you with approximately 2147M*6 anticreeper and 2147M*3 creeper, and obviously the anti-creeper wins out on that.

EDIT: When I say 1 frame, I actually meant 1 time the creeper moves, so it's possible you'll need to press n twice instead of once depending on which frame you paused on..

Grauniad

That's brilliant. thanks, I managed to do just that.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon