Custom Map #329: Doctor Who [Episode - 1]

Started by AutoPost, October 17, 2011, 12:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #329: Doctor Who [Episode - 1]

Author: Kamron3

Desc:
The Doctor and Amy Pond begin their first journey on the planet Riona! Riona has massive mountain ranges and very nice locals called Jibuwatsits.

Kamron3

Haha. Kind of embarrassed. This is my first real CW2 map. Any thoughts about on it? :D

UmberGryphon

Honestly, I'm having trouble getting started.  I'm not used to having to deal with 400k worth of emitters the second the map starts (no decayable terrain/shields/etc. between me and them).

Karsten75

Quote from: UmberGryphon on October 17, 2011, 09:55:30 PM
Honestly, I'm having trouble getting started.  I'm not used to having to deal with 400k worth of emitters the second the map starts (no decayable terrain/shields/etc. between me and them).

This map is a really good newbie map. It's not as hard as a most of the "open to the top" custom maps, yet it is fun to play.

Here is a walkthrough up to where the two open emitters are destroyed. Note that you can do it a lot faster as even my posted  time  of 16:26 on this map shows. (and that does not factor in the true giants such as mthv2wc[sic] or Kithros).

Colin

Fun map Kamron! I think on my next way
through I could improve a lot on my time,
took me awhile to start looking at the
health of the emitters.  ;)

Thanks for the fun!
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

UmberGryphon

Quote from: Karsten75 on October 17, 2011, 11:36:48 PM
Here is a walkthrough up to where the two open emitters are destroyed.

Thank you for making that.  The two largest differences between what I just watched and my attempts are that I built tech domes earlier than you did (don't have the energy to spare on this map), and I almost never used repulsors.  The one time I did use repulsors, I only built one--is it customary to build repulsors in groups?  Repulsor use is probably the weakest part of my game.

Colin

Repulsars tend to be more effective as you
get more of them, especially when you're
dealing with that Creeper so early, it really
helps to "delay" it until you can deal with it
properly.  :)

For the sake of comparison, I used a lot
more repulsars than Karsten's first few
minutes, and I staggered them with 1
blaster and 1 launcher while I built up below.

I think I'm going to play this one again . . .  :D
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.