Help, I can't upload a map

Started by l3h3l, February 15, 2013, 02:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l3h3l

I can't upload a map, because it's says that '' invalid filename please select your map file. it will end in cw2. Make sure you saved the map by clicking the export map from the map editor''. What does it mean? I submit a score on it, I guess something wrong with name. I uploaded the file map if it helps.

UpperKEES

It's probably the space or the 2 periods. Try renaming to: Challenge2.cw2 and uploading it again (no need to replay).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Grauniad

There can be absolutely no punctuation in the file name.  While Windows can cope with multiple periods (.) in a file name, the parsing algorithm of the utility we use for uploading looks for the period as the delimiter to determine the filename. It does not do this right-to-left, but left-to-right (small, but important difference).

To the utility, your file appears to be a 0.cw2 file.  That clearly is not the same as a .cw2 file and it refuses to upload it.

As UpperKEES pointed out, rename the file to remove the period and all will be well. As long as you don't open in in the CW2 editor and save it with the different name, you won't have to replay it.

Renaming the external file name does not affect the file UID that we use to validate the score.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

l3h3l

Quote from: Grauniad on February 15, 2013, 02:52:18 PM
There can be absolutely no punctuation in the file name.  While Windows can cope with multiple periods (.) in a file name, the parsing algorithm of the utility we use for uploading looks for the period as the delimiter to determine the filename. It does not do this right-to-left, but left-to-right (small, but important difference).

To the utility, your file appears to be a 0.cw2 file.  That clearly is not the same as a .cw2 file and it refuses to upload it.

As UpperKEES pointed out, rename the file to remove the period and all will be well. As long as you don't open in in the CW2 editor and save it with the different name, you won't have to replay it.

Renaming the external file name does not affect the file UID that we use to validate the score.

Quote from: UpperKEES on February 15, 2013, 02:39:01 PM
It's probably the space or the 2 periods. Try renaming to: Challenge2.cw2 and uploading it again (no need to replay).

Thanks both of you, the quick response and answer.It worked :) In the future I will try to avoid these punctuation, I never thought that could be a problem, just I have similar map almost named as this and want a specific name, but point is that finally upload that map. Thanks again :D