Map 993 "You can do it"

Started by steelwing, March 23, 2014, 01:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelwing

Not without cheating some kind of way, you can't!  :'(  The two islands on the left have nowhere to put nullifiers w/in range of the emitters!  Plus, why put an oremine on that distant islet if there's no way to use it?  It's inaccessible!

Helper

steelwing - welcome to CW!
MadMag is one of the premier members of the gang here. Beta tester, map maker extraordinaire, and not too bad as a player.
It might be a better approach to ask him for hints on HOW he was able to finish it.
I saw this one last night and knew right away it was beyond my skill set, but we have several players around here who will probably give it a go.
If he doesn't respond here in a day or so, go up on chat and ask if anyone has tried it, or try the PM route.
H

teknotiss

Quote from: steelwing on March 23, 2014, 01:29:05 PM
Not without cheating some kind of way, you can't!  :'(  The two islands on the left have nowhere to put nullifiers w/in range of the emitters!  Plus, why put an oremine on that distant islet if there's no way to use it?  It's inaccessible!

actually this isn't that bad, the emitters are quite weak (high level low frequency weak) on the righthand island. so the ore and totems should be able to be held with a blaster and then a sprayer, then lots of power will let you advance on that island, the other two emitters wil be easy once you have the righthand island's PZ's
i've got a dog to walk now, but after that i'll do some screenies and a walkthrough if you need help with it!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

teknotiss

Quote from: teknotiss on March 23, 2014, 03:11:55 PM

actually this isn't that bad, the emitters are quite weak (high level low frequency weak) on the righthand island. so the ore and totems should be able to be held with a blaster and then a sprayer, then lots of power will let you advance on that island, the other two emitters wil be easy once you have the righthand island's PZ's
i've got a dog to walk now, but after that i'll do some screenies and a walkthrough if you need help with it!  8)

slighty trickier start than i thought, but at 6 mins i'm safe and starting to push for the first kill, turns out ore isn't helpful early on but will be needed for attacking the other islands
pics attached should get you going in the right direction, hope that helps  8)
remember the CN's can be stood in creeper for a bit before they return to orbit, and so you can switch between them if you need, they provide 1.5 energy each so it's worth having them on the ground as soon as possible.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

asmussen

As to why put an ore mine on an inaccessible piece of ground, remember that the DMD maps are procedurally generated, not created by hand, so sometimes strange things like that will just happen.
Shawn Asmussen

icanfly

The start was somewhat difficult, but I had no idea how to get that emitter in the lower left corner.
At first I tried to research range, which does not affect the nullifier.
Then I saw I could terp the spot right next to it  ::)