Map 903: Long fight by: MizInIA

Started by Karsten75, February 25, 2014, 09:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

How on earth did you get that one done? A few hints would be appreciated. I can set up to defend against everything ... until the spore waves start coming. :( So yea, all of 4-5 minutes.

MizInIA

Spoiler
set up in top right corner and build a 5 x 5 collector grid then start filling in with reactors as energy allows. when i saw the first 1 minute warning i started building beams. lots of beams! you only need a couple cannons to cover the lines of digitalis that run through you.  also i didn't try to protect any more than 4 x 4 collectors
[close]

in the spirit of full disclosure i had to restart 4 or 5 times to get the energy to beam ratio correct to survive to the next round.

teknotiss

my first go was the bottom right corner, overwhelemed in the fifth or sixth spore wave  ::)
so having seen this topic and MizInIA's advice i tried the top right, much better, got it done the first build at the point in the pic i'm safe and it's just a matter of fighting in to all that dig :o i think i need some Bertha's :D and i might do the rest tomorrow :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

MizInIA

that looks about right. don't forget to defend your top line or spores will creep past. and the digitalis never lets up so don't get sloppy.

teknotiss

yeah i'm going to terp that top part flat and expand as evenly as i can for a bit, then an attack diagonally into the center, then i'll see what happens ::) hard to plan that far ahead really, challenging map dude  :)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

Thanks for the guidance.  It does seem strange, but I agree that one cannot seem to hold the bottom part of the map. Maybe, if I remember, I may try it again sometime...

For now, I got a foothold in the top right and that's as much as I want to play this map. I can expand reliably, and barring any unforeseen event, such as a catastrophic mismanagement of energy or units, I can win, eventuially. But it's too much of a slog for me to really want to see it through to the end.

Kudos to you for doing it, though.

MizInIA

it was a slog. you have to push through a lot of creeper, digitalis and runners just to be able to eliminate an air exclusion tower and get a PZ. once you get 1 you have it won although there is still a lot of map to cover to get the rest. for me the worst part was the start. after that is was just a slow push since you can't get to the other tech totems for upgrades. and you have to defend your entire front from digitalis.

teknotiss

Quote from: MizInIA on February 26, 2014, 04:44:30 PM
it was a slog. you have to push through a lot of creeper, digitalis and runners just to be able to eliminate an air exclusion tower and get a PZ. once you get 1 you have it won although there is still a lot of map to cover to get the rest. for me the worst part was the start. after that is was just a slow push since you can't get to the other tech totems for upgrades. and you have to defend your entire front from digitalis.

i'm going for securing the whole right side and bertha farming it, i think it'll make for a much faster endgame if i can ceaselessly roll artillery in front of my attack, plus i get more totems and some ore, so i think it'll help. hence me terping a 2 blaster and 4 Beam wall down the right just short of the AEZ's, then it's betha time! ;D

Helper

Courtesy

I definitely have to give this a shot.
I'm playing it right now~ <3

teknotiss

Quote from: Helper on February 28, 2014, 06:33:12 PM
Quote from: teknotiss on February 26, 2014, 03:00:22 PM
...challenging map dude  :)

Hey tek dude - I think she's a dudette.
H
LOL!

no such thing dude ;) all dude's are dude's regardless of actual gender (called my mum dude a few time when not paying attention, seemed to get away with just a funny look, better than when i called her mate! :D)
plus how can we tell? without gender id's i just assume all web people are humans, and therefore dudes! they could even be AI's, still dudes though!
later dude!  8)

MizInIA

Quote from: teknotiss on March 01, 2014, 04:56:38 AM
Quote from: Helper on February 28, 2014, 06:33:12 PM
Quote from: teknotiss on February 26, 2014, 03:00:22 PM
...challenging map dude  :)

Hey tek dude - I think she's a dudette.
H
LOL!

no such thing dude ;) all dude's are dude's regardless of actual gender (called my mum dude a few time when not paying attention, seemed to get away with just a funny look, better than when i called her mate! :D)
plus how can we tell? without gender id's i just assume all web people are humans, and therefore dudes! they could even be AI's, still dudes though!
later dude!  8)
if you are referring to me i am dude not dudette. but not going to get offended either way. after all this is the internet.