Weekly 5-map tournament - any takers?

Started by Grauniad, February 16, 2014, 10:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Awesome. Look at the CW2 game and the table there. It would be col if you could make an export file  that can be copy/pasted into the forum to conform. :)

kwinse

dmd.html

Okay thousands of requests to the server later I got something more to show.

-Added a player totals table, ranked by number of maps, then score. It should in theory handle rank ties correctly too. Times are only displayed in the totals table as tooltips on the scores and aren't summed but I could change that if wanted.
-Added a blacklist by player name, entered through an input (separated by newlines), by checkbox on the total table, or in the url like the maps (e.g. dmd.html?maps=10,9,20,5a&bl=teknotiss,Grauniad) (dunno if commas, ampersands, or equals signs are allowed in names ingame but I know they could and would interfere with parsing the url)
-Export totals table, for the forums or wiki. Doesn't have the coloring options that mopa42's program had, but I can add them if they're wanted. Note: do have to copy yourself because of security but it does auto-select after export. Example:
Spoiler
Rankings for DMD maps #6, 7

#NameScore 6Score 7Total
1MadMag6515559012105
2tomiz481838508668
3purpleyukari59585958
4Folacin54075407
5teknotiss48644864
6BinkyRider45744574
7Toyoch35163516
8The Mole32663266
[close]
-Pressing enter while on a map id input should fetch scores.

I removed most of the caching, mainly so that the time you grab the scores is guaranteed to be about the same. This was intended to be for a timestamp feature like you see on mopa42's exports but I got confused trying to convince the Date object to consistently convert to the forum's timezone. The only caching left should be something that stops you from fetching the exact same set of maps within a minute.

Totally not sold on the colors or page layout. I'm not so good at stuff like so if you have specific suggestions I'm all ears.

Virgil, if you're still reading this topic, how would I get scores by time like you can ingame?

kwinse

dmd.html

Because I can't leave well enough alone, I've gone and rewritten most of the code. Mostly internal changes to use libraries and to make the xml requests asynchronous, though I did figure out coloring per-map scores and the timestamp* in the exports.

Let me know if anything's broken/missing (besides the time range, I still don't know how (if I can)).

*I hope it's right anyway, timezones are confusing. >_>

Spoiler
Rankings for DMD maps #6, 7

#NameScore 6Score 7Total
1MadMag6515559012105
2tomiz481838508668
3purpleyukari59585958
4Folacin54075407
5teknotiss48644864
6BinkyRider45744574
7Toyoch35163516
8The Mole32663266
Scores retrieved at 18:58:07 14 June 2014 +05:00
[close]

EDIT: Watched the network requests on the CW2 scores and got the time filter working for this.

Helper

@kwinse,
Looks as though you've done some nice work, so what's the next step?

Wheatmidge

I think it would be great if we could get some new people interested in this. Has anyone tried mentioning it on Steam forums? I actually haven't played much creeper world in the last while but the weekly tournaments are always a blast.

stewbasic

I've been tempted to express interest in this but not sure if I can commit the time... would it be considered bad form to only participate some weeks?

Wheatmidge

Quote from: stewbasic on July 01, 2014, 07:58:22 PM
I've been tempted to express interest in this but not sure if I can commit the time... would it be considered bad form to only participate some weeks?

No at all. I think the only rule was that the winner of each week selects the maps for the next week. There is no obligation to play all the time.

Flabort

Quote from: kwinse on June 14, 2014, 08:24:16 PM
Let me know if anything's broken/missing
Well, it's not something broken or missing, but more of a feature request. Can you make a second version that pulls scores from CS maps?
I want to include a link in my signature that contains all my maps so far (or my most recent ones if I have more than it can handle) top ten scores plus my own.

Since it's unlikely I'll ever have a top ten score in my own maps :P
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

kwinse

ctuna

Count me in, at least at first. Though selecting the next week's maps and posting the matrix and results was a real chore for a dinosaur like me. I'd guess from the low scores I see about the system compared to my own, that "low score" ship has sailed.

Flash1225

I'm in, for sure. Tried some of the CW2 1-week 5-maps tournaments, but those are hard, some of them. I'll be back to make a list for the first one.
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.

MizInIA

Quote from: Wheatmidge on July 03, 2014, 11:54:23 PM
Quote from: stewbasic on July 01, 2014, 07:58:22 PM

No at all. I think the only rule was that the winner of each week selects the maps for the next week. There is no obligation to play all the time.
lots of people would participate in the CW2 tournament and only do a couple of the maps. maybe it was because of time, maybe they just weren't interested in winning and having the responsibility of setting up the next tournament or maybe some of the maps just didn't interest them, only they know for sure