Main Menu

A bug in cw1

Started by Dushe_h, August 14, 2019, 04:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dushe_h

When I was playing cw, I found a small bug.(But I don't know if it's true.)

For example, when the base is fully loaded (at this time it is exporting packets and ammo), if ammo is turned off, the packet will generate the energy ammo should generate (before it is turned off). For example, when the base is fully loaded (at this time it is exporting packets and ammo), if ammo is turned off, the packet will generate the energy ammo should generate (before it is turned off). If ammo was to produce 10, packets would produce 5, and when ammo was turned off, packets would generate 15.

When there is no load, the bug will disappear until the next load appears.
I am from China, and I very love creeper world.If I wrote something wrong, please forgive me.QAQ
微笑面对生活

Dushe_h

It happened on my laptop, Steam version, but now that my computer is not around, I can't send logs and screenshots. This bug seems to happen on any computer.
微笑面对生活

GoodMorning

You seem to be describing the intended behaviour, if I understand you correctly.

In CW1, energy is produced by Collectors and Reactors. It can then be sent out in the form of packets - green (Totem), red (Ammo) or grey (Build). If your buildings are requesting more packets than you can dispatch (probably because you don't have enough energy), then the game puts them in a queue.

To take your example:
You have demand for 15 packets/sec for building, and demand for 30 packets/sec for ammo, but are only producing enough energy for 15 packets/sec. The game can only make one-third of the packets you are requesting. One third of 30 packets/sec is 10 packets/sec, and one third of 15 packets/sec is 5 packets/sec. So far, this matches what you have described. You then turn off ammo packet production. Now the game sees you asking for build packets, at 15 packets/sec (any requests for ammo are ignored). So it makes 15 packets/sec.

The game draws from the same reserve of energy to make both types of packet. You seem to have been under the impression that build packets and ammo packets are created independently.

Does this help?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Dushe_h

Yes, I always thought they were made independently. Thank you for explaining.
微笑面对生活

GoodMorning

Happy to assist. I'm glad that you've been enjoying the game.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Dushe_h

微笑面对生活