Help resetting CW3 story

Started by thejoe66, January 27, 2014, 06:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejoe66

So i did what it told me to do in this topic thttp://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14216.0 but after doing that nothing changed on the game after returning to the folder the folder 1 was right back as if i never touched is was there some update that prevented that. I would relley like to play JUST the story line from the begging as if nothing ever happened.
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

Clean0nion

What I'd recommend:
Head to Documents/CreeperWorld3/data/
Delete the folder called internal
Don't do this until someone with access to a computer can confirm that this is the right thing to do.

thejoe66

no i think doing that would also delete my tormented space data well at least it looks like i would delete all the auto data saves but i only want to restart the story so i wont risk it
"Humanity is probably the only animal capable of hating itself."-The end of Evangelion

Michionlion

Here is what you must do: go into Documents/CreeperWorld3/data/internal/ and delete/rename the folder called sector_0.  This will reset your story progress.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

thejoe66

i can't seem to find the sector_0 file

knucracker

The story missions live here:
c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\CreeperWorld3\data\sectors\internal\1

However, that is just your save games, auto saves, etc.  It is
c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\CreeperWorld3\data\missionstats.dat
that contains all of your mission scores and progress.  Not just for story missions but for all missions.

If you totally want to start over with the whole game just rename this dir:
c:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\CreeperWorld3\data

The story will reset, all saves will be gone, etc.

Michionlion

Yeah, that was my bad.  The actual path is as V stated above - to just delete your autosaves and such you can delete the data\sectors\internal\1 folder.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

thejoe66

Thanks a lot! it's such a great felling to start every thing from the beginning thanks