Main Menu

fans

Started by crazyone76, March 28, 2010, 09:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sqaz

That's the reason why noone would ever build them.
They should only exist to make your life harder and to direct creeper flows in custom maps.

UpperKEES

Mwah. Let's say a fan would move 3-5 times more creeper than a blaster would kill for the same amount of energy. In the short run this might be very useful (while it might kill you quicker in the long run).

But now assume you can blow the creeper completely into that deep pool, or enables you to reach that totem for just one minute.... Oh yeah, I see possibilities! (As always ;))
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

The smoking revolver

You forgot that the fan will be built in, not built by you
(EPIC FAIL ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :P :P :P :D :D :D)

Please Refrain from posting multiple smileys -MrMcdeath
There is always a I in team

UpperKEES

Initial post:

Quote from: crazyone76 on March 28, 2010, 09:18:52 AM
idea for if there is coming a new weapon use a fan wich could blow creeper to a direction

Your response:

Quote from: werty892 on March 28, 2010, 11:08:32 AM
I don't think this could be a building, but maybe built in to a map

Do you think your opinion is the only one? I surely see someone failing here.... :P

archn

I assume it would be buildable, but the tech would be toggleable, as any other tech.

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on April 02, 2010, 05:40:06 PM
But now assume you can blow the creeper completely into that deep pool, or enables you to reach that totem for just one minute.... Oh yeah, I see possibilities! (As always ;))

That's a great idea for a map, you've got nothing but some fans and have to reach all totems before the fans can't hold the creeper back anymore.

But building fans by yourself would actually only help highscore hunters or very skilled players.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on April 03, 2010, 02:42:20 AM
But building fans by yourself would actually only help highscore hunters or very skilled players.

Depends on their initial costs and effectiveness per energy unit. Balancing is probably the hardest part of the creation of a game (as you can see with mortars at the moment).

J

I agree the fan is an pre-build structure. So the fan can even blow the creeper to Odin City.

Twi

One word: DIABOLICAL.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

The smoking revolver

There is always a I in team

ThePhantom

I think that if the fan could be buildable or even not it would be a genius addition. Maybe, like it couldn't be destroyed by touching creeper, but only be destroyed after a certain time (like same health as blasters but slower regen) of having creeper behind it, or even it can suck in creeper and shoot it out if the creeper gets too close behind it and then it blows up after so long of creeper flowing through it. It would be pretty interesting.
This is for the record.. I will not go silently into the night! I will not go without a fight! Tonight I make my final stand! I go forth in the hell I choose for myself, not the one chosen for me! I will return from this hell, or leave this world knowing I died a cause I wanted to die for!
~Phantom

crazyone76

you could also have a level were a couple of fans defend a other city and you have to send reinforcements before the creeper is to much to handle
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThePhantom

This could also be an interesting addition should there be another city added in the next game.
This is for the record.. I will not go silently into the night! I will not go without a fight! Tonight I make my final stand! I go forth in the hell I choose for myself, not the one chosen for me! I will return from this hell, or leave this world knowing I died a cause I wanted to die for!
~Phantom