Even more Long and updated list of unit ideas, plus some other stuff:

Started by Twi, March 10, 2010, 07:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JACKL

sorry,that was supposed to say genuis and glow lime green,but it failed.
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Twi

Whoa. Didn't realize it was quite that powerful.
But it can only move one unit at a time. And it shouldn't come that cheap. I came up with it largely for Wireless Relays: how else are you going to get power to those areas?

And how did you do that...oh.
Like this.
But how do you change the color? I mean, I put Color: Limegreen there. It still glows red.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

JACKL

on the right of all the buttons there is a change color thingy.

and there should be a limit to haw may trips it can do,like 7 or something,then they self destruct.
or,recharge every 5ish trips like drones,but at less frequent intervals.say,15 packets per trip,no matter how long/short the trip.
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Twi

Yeah, I used it.

But how do they have "trips"? They don't have a base, at least not as I thought of them. They don't require energy to move, either, as I thought of them. Expensive, but they need no energy to actually move.

EDIT: I suppose they could require fuel from ammo packets...

JACKL

like,drone trips i guess,but like,they could have a fuel gauge around them like odin city has,and when i needs fuel,it hovers until you click on odin city(or a fuel plant?) and enable{send fuel}

UpperKEES

But how is this fuel send when it is not connected to the network? I think it's better to let it refuel when connected. If it runs out of fuel during a flight you would have to reconnect to the ship to get it refuelled again.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

JACKL

well,yes,you wouldn't be trying to send a reactor into creeper would you?

And it doesnt have to land,it could haover in place till it gets connected

UpperKEES

Hmmm, I guess the craft would often be used in the following cases:

- Evacuation of an area. I can imagine you have to move stuff over a mountain range/pool of creeper where no connection to the network is available. Hovering when connected is not even necessary. For example: a blaster that requested ammo can still receive this while flying in the air; it just can't request more. This ship would be able to do so.
- Building collectors/relays in advance, to be able to expand your network quickly. The combo of this craft in combination with the wireless relay looks very powerful!
- Grouping buildings to create the above proposed combined buildings.

The more I think about this, the more I want to use these units! It would greatly extend the number of ways to finish a map and offer the possibility to develop many different strategies. I guess balancing everything would be the hardest job.

TheBuilder

One thing ive thought, of.  would these be able to be use as floating connections that go over anything?

I mean think about it, floating connections that cost a lot, can be moved around, dont collect energy, or have long range
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

Twi

The ships? I never thought of using them that way... but why would you want to do that? If you wanted a connection to anywhere, you build two Wireless Relays, load one in a ship, and plop it down wherever.
And no, they don't make their own connections.

Twi

Edit to Fog of War idea: Being on a hill means you get more LOS, and being in a depression means you get less LOS.

The smoking revolver

LOS ??? ??? ???
what is that?

Evrything sounds good

there has to be new stuff in the expansion and this could be it.

heres one

Lighning tower: Very long range, fires blast of electricity in thin line, cuts through creep and long reload
There is always a I in team

UpperKEES

Karsten75

Quote from: werty892 on March 14, 2010, 08:46:47 PM
Lighning tower: Very long range, fires blast of electricity in thin line, cuts through creep and long reload

So how would this help? The creeper will almost immediately fill up a thin line in its mass. Would have been good if there was a "body" to hit, but that's not the case here.

UpperKEES

When it would not have a long reload time, but just is expensive to build or consumes a lot of energy, I could see a purpose for the lightning tower:

Put a few of them next to each other and let them fire in parallel. This would create a path through the Creeper. (Nickname: 'Mozes-tower' ;))