Main Menu

Packet types

Started by jasvinderm, August 17, 2010, 08:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Just wanted to let you all know that I use all the packet filters a lot, especially for competing in the Chronom History Tournament. The filter for the totem packets is most useful, but I also use the ammo and build packet filters in certain situations.

For people who don't mind very precise micromanagement to obtain the highscore: when you fly OC over collectors you'll notice that you'll often loose packets when a link between OC and a collector is lost. Disabling ammo and/or build packets for just a fraction of a second will prevent this loss and may gain you that one second you're looking for. Of course this is only useful for maps with completion times less than ~3 minutes when every single packet counts.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

All true. In the Chronum maps, of the few that I stick around long enough to see a spore wave, I will disable the ammo packets, so the SAMs will not refill, then when the spores are gone, manually deactivate the SAMs and enable the ammo packets.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Yep, or when you build a SAM just for bridging you don't want it to charge with ammo packets, so you disable these just before it finishes building, deactivate it and enable the red packets again.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview