Survival Mode?

Started by BL24, March 13, 2011, 11:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echo51

Set up a simple macro and stuff ;)
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Ebon Heart

lowest score wins... and Upperkees, that's why I said 3 totems. so you have to be on the ground to activate them.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

UpperKEES

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on March 17, 2011, 02:03:26 PM
lowest score wins... and Upperkees, that's why I said 3 totems. so you have to be on the ground to activate them.

Duh! Of course you land between the totems after flying for a few days!
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

so it needs to be locked down
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

UpperKEES

Quote from: Michionlion on March 17, 2011, 02:24:08 PM
so it needs to be locked down

But then it will always charge the totems immediately (unless you deactivate the totem packet filter).
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

then they are just out of reach, then you have time to deactivate it, but you will have to tell them in the opening text to do that.  and that highest score + lowest number.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

alright, so they start just out of reach on either side... and in that case, OC doesn't need to be locked. I'll see what I can do.  The only problem is that only what the map considers your highest score will be uploaded. Not what I'll consider highest score.

Michionlion

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on March 17, 2011, 02:43:37 PM
alright, so they start just out of reach on either side... and in that case, OC doesn't need to be locked. I'll see what I can do.  The only problem is that only what the map considers your highest score will be uploaded. Not what I'll consider highest score.

so you have to do your best the first time
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

Ebon Heart

But then, of course, there will be people complaining about it because thy didn' actually rea anything, and they just see that you can connect the totems in about 10 seconds.

Michionlion

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on March 17, 2011, 03:47:27 PM
But then, of course, there will be people complaining about it because thy didn' actually rea anything, and they just see that you can connect the totems in about 10 seconds.

well, then you gotta name it something that signals that its a survival map, and explain to people as best you can in a place where everybody will read.  or make something to draw attention to the opening text...
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

MAYBE MAKE THE OPENING TEXT AND DESCRIPTION ALL CAPS AND NAME IT "survival mode"? THAT MIGHT WORK. LMAO

Michionlion

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on March 17, 2011, 04:45:22 PM
MAYBE MAKE THE OPENING TEXT AND DESCRIPTION ALL CAPS AND NAME IT "survival mode"? THAT MIGHT WORK. LMAO

YEAH!!    :D ;D
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ebon Heart

that'll do it too. lmao... how did you make the text that big anyways??

Michionlion

[size=(size you want, with pt after it)]text here[/size]
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!