Custom Map #2974: Challenges: The Creeper Chamber

Started by AutoPost, April 06, 2019, 08:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #2974: Challenges: The Creeper Chamber

Author: J

Desc:
Trapped in a chamber full of creeper and nowhere to go. Will you escape?

hadaly

Really I don't get imagine how to get it! tried several choices but noone works...

J

Obviously, there is at least one option that does work. Though with all the options there are, it may be a bit hard to find (and execute) the one that works.

Spoiler
As with all of my 'challenges' maps, you may have to think outside the box.
[close]

Spoiler
There are a few resources you can easily grab. Use them wisely.
[close]

Spoiler
If only I could...
Maybe you can.
[close]

hadaly

I really love your maps, they're allways a great challenge! But, until now, I've not got find the solution for this one... will keep trying!

J

In some ways, this map is quite similar to one of my other maps. Looks like you have already beaten that one.

hadaly

Mostly sure! I've downloaded all your maps! Yesterday, I thought I had got it digging down-right... but finally I was overwhelmed...

PMouser

huh, i tried to hide and cant go there? i tried after digging and cant move there? so how to keep creeper off of you then? ty
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

J

Two more hints:
Spoiler
Without shields, hiding is probably not the best option.
Spoiler
You gotta nullify something quickly to make a safe spot.
[close]
[close]

hadaly

After trying hidding (several times, got resiste just for some minutes) tried to nullify but, until now, I've not got it! I'll keep trying!.

hadaly

Wow! finally I got it!!! really really hard! I can't imagine how another players have got higher scores!.
Lot of fun! as allways, thanks for your maps!.

J

Congrats!

Would you mind telling me where you started off? Just want to check if I missed some possible tactics.
Spoiler
After the initial setup, I moved to the top-right
[close]

hadaly

I think I did the same...

Warning, another huge spoiler! I completly explain how I got it
Spoiler
I did catch right nano-chip (increasing reactor generation and energy store to 100), down red gem and left green. Menawhile, did build some reactors while digging for green gem and started to dig on the center to get more nano (increasing again reactor generation and ore store), build more reactor, build ore rig and 2 blaster and 1 maker. Kept digging until open at top center to get destroy creeper on top near right-top emiter before decayable terrain got destroyed and while move ship using the right way. Once destroyed, just kept getting creeper from left and down don't damage while digging on right until arrive to bottom terrain where I got build a good number of reactors and tech domes to get winning. Second destroyed bottom-right reactor, then middle-top reactor, then middle-left and finally top-left.
[close]

PMouser

J

Quote from: hadaly on April 11, 2019, 06:14:39 AM
I think I did the same...

Well, not quite.

Yet another huge spoiler ahead:
Spoiler
I grabbed the chips on the right side of the map and got myself the weapon movement speed tech. Then I dug out some decayable terrain myself to reduce the distance to the top-right, allowing me to move two blasters there. The LS went around the other side of the map in meantime. Leapfrogging the blasters to the emitter will get you a safe spot for the LS at the top. From there, just make sure you have a stable base before the creeper floods in from the top and the rest is easy.
[close]

PMouser

how do you have enough energy since you cant put up reactors?