Started by AutoPost, April 17, 2010, 01:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Grab-n-Run

Author: Dan

Desc:
Gre what you need and get out

SPIFFEN

Is there anyone who can post an nice start tip ?
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

ThirdParty

I enjoyed it, despite the artificiality of the geography.

Dan: is it intentional that the drone tech is off center (making it hard to reach)?  Is it intentional that useless SAM tech is available while storage tech is not available?

Spiffen: to start, I left my city where it was and built collectors out along the vertical ridges to pick up reactor and mortar tech; then I started filling the center island with reactors and mortars.  Once I had about 4-5 mortars and the ability to continuously power them, the creeper receded and everything was straightforward.

Jamiek

Move the city and grab mortar and drone tech in one swoop.
Charge city to 20 and then fly to acquire reactor tech.
Fly over blaster to pick it up.

Easier said than done......
Blasters hold off the creep until mortars are ready.

Nicely timed and balanced map, well done.

Karsten75

Quote from: ThirdParty on April 18, 2010, 10:01:30 PM
I enjoyed it, despite the artificiality of the geography.

Dan: is it intentional that the drone tech is off center (making it hard to reach)?  Is it intentional that useless SAM tech is available while storage tech is not available?

This is indeed a fun map. It owes me a night's worth of sleep! :)

I too would have loved storage tech iso SAM tech, but ultimately neither is crucial in winning the map.

ETA:  after the author asked me how I did it. Good thing Alwego has not yet discovered this map or my time would be toast.

NNR_Alex

lol, just give him time karsten, i'm sure he'll find it eventually.  I'm glad i don't play for time but for fun, i'd loose my mind trying to compete with high scores.

Dan

>:( :-[ :'( ??? CRAP!!! I can't do it I can't beat your score, even with play by play instructions, guess i will just have to bough down to the true masters. :'(

Karsten75

A certain bloody-mindedness is required to dump your towers right at the edge or even into the creeper. And energy management is absolutely key in almost any map I try and go for a high score.

Kamron3

This map is extremely fun. Best map I have played so far.

_k

Timwi

QuoteGood thing Alwego has not yet discovered this map or my time would be toast.
I'm not Alwego, but I discovered this map via your YouTube video and beat your time. :-)

Karsten75

You might just make me take another run at this and spank you... :)