Main Menu

Staruation ?

Started by GuiZe, December 23, 2009, 06:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuiZe

Hi everyone !

First, a big thank you for the developpers of Creeper World, it's been a long time since I last enjoyed a PC game like this !
I just have an issue I didn't find in the Help section, it's the meaning of the red "Staruation" / "Starvation" bar under the Depletion one.
Is it an indicator of the energy needed but not possessed, when building new structures ?

Thanks for your answsers, and sorry for my english (and for being a little nooby ^^)
GuiZe

knucracker

Welcome to the Creeper World community!  Glad you enjoy the game.  It's great to get good feedback....

Starvation....  Probably the least understood aspect of the game.  You are not alone for not getting what this means... check out this thread, though, it will help.  In particular read a big post I did near the bottom of the thread:

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=137.0

GuiZe

Thanks for your help, I should have guessed while playing ^^

BTW I can't stop playing at all , is there something wrong ? :p

Merry Christmas !
GuiZe

knucracker

Nope nothing wrong.... I'm even still infected with the game.  Normally a developer will be sick of the game by the time they are done with it.  Just imagine spending 500 hours looking at the same thing over and over and over and OVER....
CW is the only game I've ever written that I still play (a lot) after I have finished it. 

Now granted a good part of this is due to the excellent and creative custom maps that some very talented people have come up with... so kudos go out to all.

Merry Christmas.... hope Santa is good to you :)

Aurzel

you might want to put something in with the next patch about starvation, just something short and sweet like, off the top of my head
Starvation is a measure of how many energy packets have been requested but which have yet to be sent out.

GuiZe

That's it ! Story mode done :) That last level was a real challenge...I hope there's more in Conquest/Spe Ops !

Another little nothing : How do I submit my scores fpr the Story mode ? I'm always online but I don't see where to click ...

Merry Christmas to all of you !
GuiZe

Aurzel

when you complete a level you should get a pop up with your score for that level and your current overall score which you can then press submit

GuiZe

Oh yes, I had forgotten, I thought there was a way to submit it even after.
Thanks

Aurzel

i dont know if there's a way to submit it after, if there is i havent found it

knucracker

Whenever you finish any story mission, all story missions scores get resubmitted.  The same is true for conquest and special ops.  So if you forget to submit a score for one of the story missions, just play any story mission and the score you forgot to submit will get submitted.  Note that the scores in my database only get replaced if you improve your score (so they only ever go up or stay the same)...

Aurzel

but do the number of plays stay the same if your score isnt improved? say i play a map and on the 3rd time is my highest score, while the subsequent lower scores wont be updated into your highscore will the number of plays on the leaderboard update?

knucracker

The play count is separate from the score, it goes up even if you don't get a higher score.

Aurzel

thought so, better remember to quit game when odin city's leaving if i dont get the high score then :P