Creeper World 3 Demo

Started by knucracker, October 02, 2013, 09:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dantem

Is anyone else having a problem where the curser is a few pixels under where it is actually clicking?

(on a Macbook Pro running OSX 10.8.4 using built in trackpad.  Will try with mouse as soon as I get to one, let me know if you need any more computer specs to help)
Into the eternal darkness, into fire and into ice

Eydamos

I don't even get the demo to run on my mac. I have Mac OSX 10.7.5 and I have installed the newest version of Adobe Air (I have read that CW2 needs this so I tried it).
Are there any other requirements?
When I try to open the game the icon just jumps for a while and then stops jumping. Whenever I try to click on the icon it disappears.

TLMike

Quote from: Eydamos on October 04, 2013, 05:03:58 AM
I don't even get the demo to run on my mac. I have Mac OSX 10.7.5 and I have installed the newest version of Adobe Air (I have read that CW2 needs this so I tried it).
Are there any other requirements?
When I try to open the game the icon just jumps for a while and then stops jumping. Whenever I try to click on the icon it disappears.

My understanding is that Virgil coded the game in Unity, not Air. You may try to download a Unity player (Although I'm no expert and my advice probably won't work).

Amram

holding [n] to advance multiple frames in succession doesn't work in the demo, you get the one frame from the one press, and thats it.  That was a useful part of CW2, you could hold [n] down so that you stayed paused, played frame by frame, but when you knew you had a second or two, you could just hold [n] and advance through them quickly.

You can definitely just pause/unpause, and hammer [n] in between, so there's no loss of function, its just not as fluid a process.

If this was intentional, can I ask it be re-instated?
If its still supposed to work like that, then bug?

speedkore

it's sucks :( at your home it's 6h am at that moment but for me it's 1h pm.

So, BigV will release the game probably at 4h-8h pm for you, for you'll enjoy the game, for me it will be too late i'll sleeping .... :'(

I know nobody can do anything for me, but i'am so sad:(

Kilobyte

Quote from: 17gamer on October 03, 2013, 09:44:56 PM
Quote from: Kingo on October 03, 2013, 07:07:33 PM
By the way, is there any CPRL documentation as of now that the general public can access?
The knuckle cracker wiki, accessed from the download page. I also learned of two new enemy units that way.
Wait, how did you get access to that :O for me it keeps saying that i have no permissions.

wolfman2000

I'm going to guess the CRPL wiki page is only for beta users right now, and permissions will change when the full game is released.

Eydamos

Quote from: TLMike on October 04, 2013, 05:22:26 AM
My understanding is that Virgil coded the game in Unity, not Air. You may try to download a Unity player (Although I'm no expert and my advice probably won't work).

I have installed unity web player now. But it still doesn't work.

MizInIA

I just wanted to say everything loaded and works fine for me. I have played the demo through on both Win 7 x64(with the x64 download) and an iMac with Snow Leopard. they both loaded and ran perfect the first time.

mopa42

The demo works great for me (Win8 64bit laptop using the 64 bit download). I'm glad the demo ended where it did since I'd be getting nothing else done this week if it were much longer. The game is probably not meant for touch, but works pretty well with one hand on the touchscreen and the other on the keyboard.

theogeer

Quote from: Grauniad on October 04, 2013, 12:42:22 AM
Next time, would you please be so kind as to attach the *entire* file as an attachment to your post?

Unless I hear the issue was resolved I'll post a full log file this evening when I get home. I only have one Windows 8.1 machine so I can't reproduce at work.

theo

Grauniad

Be careful, since the log gets overwritten on game startup.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

theogeer

Quote from: Grauniad on October 04, 2013, 10:37:34 AM
Be careful, since the log gets overwritten on game startup.

I'll wipe the directory and do a clean install and then reproduce the error from scratch. then close down once it's clear it isn't working. That should give you guys a reliable single-sample of the log.

Eydamos

I managed to get the demo running on my Mac. The problem was, that the Application doesn't had execution rights.

Asuming you have your CW3 in /Applications do the following on the console

chmod +x /Applications/CW3.app/Contents/MacOS/Creeper\ World\ 3

After this the app will start properly.

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon