Hardest map?

Started by Karsten75, August 27, 2010, 10:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

October 12th 0071   :o

As you can see, I'm building up.  ;D
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Blaze

Quote from: Colin on December 05, 2010, 09:06:01 PM
October 12th 0071   :o

As you can see, I'm building up.  ;D

Looks like a sweet map, I'm going to try this one.

Colin

Yeah, I ended up just capping all of the Emitters. It was a fun fight!  :P
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Blaze

Quote from: Colin on December 06, 2010, 12:52:36 AM
Yeah, I ended up just capping all of the Emitters. It was a fun fight!  :P

Sure was.
I'd like to find more like that one.

Zakath

Quote from: Jeremiah88 on December 11, 2010, 12:19:31 PM
Top of my list is November 14, 2352...
That one's not too painful. Just move OC early...

JimyLee

From the lack of posts about this map I guess the rest of you managed to beat it with no problem.  I play all maps with Double Down on for the extra challenge, and I couldn't seem to beat this date.  I turned DD off and I STILL can't seem to beat it.  Anyone care to share their strategy on the November 8 2010 map with this newbie?

Grauniad

Quote from: JimyLee on January 19, 2011, 10:18:12 AM
From the lack of posts about this map I guess the rest of you managed to beat it with no problem.  I play all maps with Double Down on for the extra challenge, and I couldn't seem to beat this date.  I turned DD off and I STILL can't seem to beat it.  Anyone care to share their strategy on the November 8 2010 map with this newbie?

I don't play DD mode, but have managed to win on normal. Not the fastest time on record, but a sure win. I think there are more rewarding options, but I'm not able to find it.

I started by moving OC to the top right corner, and building a few reactors on the high ground. Then I expanded onto the low land, towards the first island and then on to the creeper.

HTH
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

JimyLee

Huh.  I finally managed to beat it.  Similar shape to yours, but I used less reactors and relied on three drones to secure space in the lower plane.  Hardest map I've played yet.  I'm gonna have to go try some of the others listed in this thread.  Thanks for the help!

Blaze

I got one, Try July 20th 0129 I have yet to even get a foothold.

I have not tried bridging.

Katra

I was able to establish a position where I think I could have survived indefinitely (at the lower right) but was unable to advance. (While I took damage from the spores it was survivable.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Blaze

Quote from: Katra on February 20, 2011, 12:21:28 AM
I was able to establish a position where I think I could have survived indefinitely (at the lower right) but was unable to advance. (While I took damage from the spores it was survivable.)

Please, do share you're strategy.

mthw2vc

Played on DD mode, I have a foothold now... I'll post a video when I'm done.

mthw2vc

Blaze

Dang mthw2vc, I didn't even last 4 minutes without DD.

Katra

Quote from: Blaze on February 20, 2011, 01:08:59 AM
Quote from: Katra on February 20, 2011, 12:21:28 AM

Please, do share you're strategy.

I'm still playing with various strategies. Lower left failed (I could hold the high ground - a mortar and 2 blasters; one just for spore defense - and while waiting for spores I parked four loaded, disarmed blasters on the center bottom island, but I couldn't generate enough power to both clear a space on the flat and build anything there. Quit when my blasters got destroyed.) My first try (similar to mthw2vcs) was gaining a foothold - only I spaced the spores and got wiped out.

Power. Power! I must have more POWER!