mthw2vc's campaign "The Eternity Steppes"

Started by mthw2vc, May 20, 2010, 09:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mthw2vc

It's been a while since I started this series, and I thought it should probably have its own topic. I know right now, the maps aren't that good, but they will improve. The story is a bit dodgy right now, but I assure you, I make these with a deeper meaning. If anyone has any ideas on what to do next, I would appreciate hearing them, as well as feedback on existing maps.

Current maps:
Part I - Evacuation - Easy Mode
Random Factor: Low
Difficulty: Puzzle/Medium
Time: Very Low-Low
Variation - How much your time will vary based on skill if you use the best method: Low

Part II - En Passant - Easy Mode
Random Factor: High
Difficulty: Easy
Time: Very Low
Variation: Low-Medium

Part III - Deception? - Easy Mode
Random Factor: Minimal
Difficulty: Medium-Hard
Time: Medium-Large
Variation: Large-Very Large

NOTICE: Despite my original intentions, this series will likely not be completed for some time. For now, there is some closure, I will leave it at this for a while.

UpperKEES

Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to play some interesting maps this weekend, including some of these. There were so many maps in the queue lately that I had to spend most of my free time reviewing them....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

mthw2vc

Well, these certainly are unconventional maps... Good luck. Expect to see map 6 soon, as I am working on it.

F0R

proably the most diffiiclt series i've ever played

mthw2vc

You'd better believe it.:P

Right now these are really puzzle maps, though, and once you get to the solution it's not too terribly difficult, but as I add more techs that will change. One hint I will give any players aspiring to beat these insane maps, is to tune it down in the map editor and use it as your working map until you can find a foothold. Once you understand the basic strategy, do what you can to improve it and once you get a start, they're relatively easy. I would say that the real trick is realizing what is most time-critical and working to avoid losing it.

F0R

Gman

There's a puzzle map called zOne001. I can't figure it out. Whenever I get far enough, I have too many blasters and not enough energy.

EDIT: I just beat it in 53 minutes.

mthw2vc

For those of you that can't seem to beat any of my maps, with some reluctance, I am now releasing an "Easy Mode" Sister Campaign that gives you additional tech. It still won't be a walk in the park, though. Each "Easy Mode" level will be released 40 days after the normal equivalent.

EDIT: Since all of the easy modes for all released maps are now out, I will now release the easy modes with the normal versions for all future maps.