Custom Map #669: Rooms II. By: chaotea

Started by AutoPost, February 01, 2021, 06:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #669: Rooms II

Author: chaotea
Size: 255x255

chaotea

Quick author note on the AC berthas. They weren't meant to be a main weapon or anything. It was more a failsafe that if you got to the end and your AC had run out or you had rushed ahead, you could use it to fast track the creeper to you.

qwazzy

The AC berthas seem cool. A pity the blobs destroy them before you even have a means to defend them.

That and the refinery/upgrade buildings being separate from your base kinda sours me on this map, despite how neat a concept it is.

chaotea

Quote from: qwazzy on February 20, 2021, 06:38:34 PM
The AC berthas seem cool. A pity the blobs destroy them before you even have a means to defend them.

That and the refinery/upgrade buildings being separate from your base kinda sours me on this map, despite how neat a concept it is.

The AC Berthas should be invulnerable, so i dont know how that happened.
The refinery thing is to force you to push for them.

isaac32767

Quote from: chaotea on February 22, 2021, 02:35:30 PM
Quote from: qwazzy on February 20, 2021, 06:38:34 PM

The AC Berthas should be invulnerable, so i dont know how that happened.
The refinery thing is to force you to push for them.

The Berthas (there's more than one?) are definitely not invulnerable. Mine just got destroyed, and I think I'm gonna abandon the game cuz of it.

I like having to defeat a lot of creeper to get to the refinery and ERN building. But they're so well protected, not a lot of suspense.

A few things puzzle me. What's the point of that separate land thing in the SE, next to the lab? Anticreeper piles up there, but there's no way to use it, since there are no sprayers to use to gather it. I also don't see the point of the bluite sources, since by the time you can access them, you have a ton of extra miners.

Still, I like your concept. A bit too many rough edges, is all.

blacksythe

Factory died part way through before reaching it couldnt finish map but like the concept

morpheuskibbe

unfun fact. the blobs can kill the factory before you get to it.

Nellam