some ideas

Started by djcian, December 01, 2009, 08:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcian

i had some ideas

some people were talking about limits on the depletion rate of energy because odin city had production limits and i thought maybe you could build factories (separate ammo and construction packet factories) that have a max depletion of 1 so they only make one packet a second.  this would also make it so you could have separated bases all self sufficient with their own building that activates the place around it after construction like collectors not next to odin city working.  and if you haven't noticed odin city would be the only thing that could activate rifts. (no rift packet factory)  this would make for great maps where this weak base would be overrun by creepers unless you connected there and supply more ammo packets for the guns running out of ammo fighting back the creeper.  also some civilian buildings that could be in a city that could not move you would have to defend

on an unrelated note how many posts do you need to become higher then a newbie on your rank?
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Aurzel

i like the factory idea, except it shouldnt be active if its cut off from odin city because otherwise you'd have to deal with two seperate economies, and more if more factory networks get cut off which would probably be impossible to run but if the factory has to be connected to odin city to work then thats not too bad, perhaps it could also move like turrets and only supply packets to a certain area, that way it could also be useful as a means of being fuel for just one or two turrets