Idea for Nullifier

Started by Gildarrious, January 09, 2018, 06:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gildarrious

I had an idea for the new nullifier concept which needs power indefinitely and how that could be tied to a fun mechanic:

In the last few CW maps, nullifying gives you a boost to another object built in the same place. In place of this you could have the nullified emitter instead give a boosting "beam" to another object to super power it. This in turn could be used on the nullifier itself to destroy the emitter, which would stop the perpetual loss, but you would also loose the associated boost to your unit/building.

This would result in a strategic pro/con situation, where people like me who want to leave no creeper behind can rest easy, and those who want the bonus are accepting the risk of a "time bomb" behind their lines. This would allow strategy, and in turn more ways to handle the emergent threat. Thanks for your thoughts!

Grand Teki

Quote from: Gildarrious on January 09, 2018, 06:10:47 PM
I had an idea for the new nullifier concept which needs power indefinitely and how that could be tied to a fun mechanic:

In the last few CW maps, nullifying gives you a boost to another object built in the same place. In place of this you could have the nullified emitter instead give a boosting "beam" to another object to super power it. This in turn could be used on the nullifier itself to destroy the emitter, which would stop the perpetual loss, but you would also loose the associated boost to your unit/building.

This would result in a strategic pro/con situation, where people like me who want to leave no creeper behind can rest easy, and those who want the bonus are accepting the risk of a "time bomb" behind their lines. This would allow strategy, and in turn more ways to handle the emergent threat. Thanks for your thoughts!

Awesome idea, I like it. One thing to note though: it should have a big energy reserve or when you get into deficit, they would nearly immediately turn off. If I don't want to destroy it, maybe make it a bit easier to keep stunned?
TFW quarantie
I'm @Grand Teki#2977 on Discord.

Behind these googly eyes, lies an introvert.