Custom Map #435: Squire. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, December 12, 2016, 06:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #435: Squire

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 480x140

Desc:
Adopt the position squire, this will be the fight of our lives. The SSDI:ADD welcomes you to a new sector. Thanks PlanetFall for the shield script.

Sorrontis

What's this, Sorrontis finally made a new map? Yep! Actually, I've been working on this one for a week. Let's just say the first iteration of this map was impossible.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

ChaosMaster130

Finally managed to beat it. Took me a bit to notice those precision aimed super particle shots though.  :o
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

awelord

How we supposed to beat this :) ican't actually.

Sorrontis

Quote from: awelord on December 13, 2016, 07:54:22 AM
How we supposed to beat this :) ican't actually.

Sacrifices must be made! Squire, take an arrow to defend your knight!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Doug

This one is tough lol. I gave up but I will def be coming back

Edit. Ok beat it. Very rewarding to finally take all the islands lol. I was surprised at how quick you can beat it after the final island

Sorrontis

Yep, that was designed that way :) I didn't want people to slug through the first four, only to have another crazy slog again. I could have, but I decided to be nice  :o

Game Loser

OK first 2 islands weren't all that tough to take, the dual lathe modules on the combat lathe make it a useful tool.
Now I am stuck in an endless stalemate...

Spoiler

> Those enemy MK7s make it too tough to get in on that.
> The other island at the top is protected by too many fast flying strong particles.  The particle beam ships don't stand a chance...I need more amp gems maybe, to extend the range.
[close]

Got any hints, or would it spoil it too much?
AMD Ryzen 1700X / 32GiB DDR4 / Zotac Mini GeForce GTX 1070

Sorrontis

Quote from: Game Loser on December 26, 2016, 05:50:47 AM
OK first 2 islands weren't all that tough to take, the dual lathe modules on the combat lathe make it a useful tool.
Now I am stuck in an endless stalemate...

Spoiler

> Those enemy MK7s make it too tough to get in on that.
> The other island at the top is protected by too many fast flying strong particles.  The particle beam ships don't stand a chance...I need more amp gems maybe, to extend the range.
[close]

Got any hints, or would it spoil it too much?

Do it the Sorrontis way! Ram what you can't kill. Be strategic about it.

GoodMorning

Ticked this map off the list. Sorrontis, you have done well (I restarted it at one point. The fact that this related to shutting down the machine and leaving the building shortly thereafter is probably irrelevant).

For anyone who wants more advice:
Spoiler

Build everything first, then start doing assaults.

Don't necessarily try to hold the first extra mine straight away. Those two next islands look tempting. (And with the mine on one of them providing range...

Once you have the first three islands, you can hit that derelict. Have some Grabbers ready to hammer the MK7 ship with some of the output. It's not so tough when the power runs out, especially when it faces Emitter Control.

One Progenitor later, you have won. It's easy to mire your way onto that island, too. All hail the (now useful) Omni rush!
[close]
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.