Custom Map #170: Cluedo Come back !

Started by AutoPost, September 08, 2011, 06:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #170: Cluedo Come back !

Author: Seratna

Desc:
The creepers are back on the game board! The murderer is hidden in a Gate, follow the instructions and you push the Creepers. Good luck!

xing

Quote from: AutoPost on September 08, 2011, 06:01:01 AM
The creepers are back on the game board! The murderer is hidden in a Gate, follow the instructions and you push the Creepers. Good luck!

Harder than the original - but again - follow instructions ? WHAT instructions? - apart from a one line intro the map is SILENT - no clues no flavour - a few text events would have gone a long way to improving this map no end

DethbyIT

Hmmm - I've tried a variety of Blasters, Launchers, and/or Repulsors - nothing makes a dent in the Creeper and the fast Drones get me after 4 minutes.

Any subtle hints on getting started?
Thanks,
dbit

xing

removing the creeper from around the stairs is extremely hard to do, the key (for me) is stopping the creeper from forming there in the first place and setting up more rifts while you are able to

DethbyIT

Quote from: xing on September 09, 2011, 03:26:13 AM
removing the creeper from around the stairs is extremely hard to do, the key (for me) is stopping the creeper from forming there in the first place and setting up more rifts while you are able to

Understood - I can get down into the second room and build some reactors/units (after getting shields in place), but can't figure out where to go/what to do next.
dbit

FR-seratna

Hi everyone! :)

In fact I tried to do a more complicated map, the key to success is to build a Rift quite quickly in the room below, a small shield positioned to help you save time. In this room you have access to a new creeper which should be less of a problem.

For instructions to give more than I expected but I had trouble with the English translation, so my instructions were unclear. I should have deleted this sentence in the description.
So I summarized the drone warning that the most powerful came after 7 minutes.

I did not say too much on some "code" Hardt map I have put back several times to figure out the proper chaining in order to progress. I found so interesting that the player fumbles before finding the solution to the first 7 minutes.

Good day, good game everyone!

Kithros

Personally, I just built 4 shields blocking the creeper from the emitters on all sides right away and expanded everywhere - more microrifts weren't necessary for me. Since the creeper only hits the shields from 1 subcell, the shields last a very long time and you only need to replace them every 2 minutes or so.

FR-seratna

Oh yes indeed! I had not seen that had the time to build 4 shield.
I understand better the best score is immediately easier! ;)
good job  ;D ;D.

Grun

This one had me beat for a while but worked it out although no where near as fast as the others, here strat i used, pls try and work out for yourselfs though....
Spoiler
firstly use shield to block the creeper surronding, ignore building anythin till there up
[close]

Spoiler
onfter tha some light drone activity from left 2 blaster enough but the enemy digger will try and open up right
[close]

Spoiler
rush the creeper home/digger (forget name of such :P ) to stop opening right side
[close]

Spoiler
from there it easy just build reactors as you expand and have fun.
[close]

As I say try and work out for selfs, this map actualy tests a lot of areas playwise (outside of pros who can beat all in like 0.3 seconds :P ) and Sera great job on map, love to see more maps from yourself, lots more board games out there, think Monopoly, Risk could be fun but ohhhh I want Operation board next :)

Grun

FR-seratna

Thank you for the compliments I'll try to make new cards on other platforms (monopoly is a good idea ^ ^).
In any case you solved the map as I had thought, of course it is not the only solution.

DethbyIT

Fun game and thank you for putting it together.
Thank you also to those giving tips.
dbit

snowmaker (JM)