Custom Map #1222: Fontane Castle. By: warren

Started by AutoPost, October 04, 2014, 08:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1222: Fontane Castle

Author: warren
Size: 112x112

Desc:
Episode 3 of Battle Castle. Play ep. 1 first for instructions. In this episode, the team visits the swamps to secure another border.

warren

Beta testing suggested that this might be a bit of a breather episode, but I suspect this is just experience gain talking. RrR beta tested this one and stdout looked at it. You'll probably hate the flyers. They suck a lot of energy and are fast. For more relevant tips see the thread for episode #1 http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17221.0

iwishforpie2

Sadly someone rage quitted and gave this map a 1. Why? It's supposed to be hard! If you don't like it because you can't win at it, then play some easy maps! Gosh.
What's a pie? I'm not a pie. I'm a pi.

warren

I don't remember seeing help text when the flamethrowers are introduced. Oops. Anyway, they are the fast short ranged siege engines that release at the same time as the flyers.

Most of my maps get low scores. Probably due to high difficulty. It is hard to tell.

Vanguard

Quote from: warren on October 04, 2014, 07:39:57 PM
Most of my maps get low scores. Probably due to high difficulty. It is hard to tell.

Definitely. Scripting and balancing are wonderfully done. I played for 35 minutes and I eliminated the left flank - had a secure positon. By then the game was slogging a bit and I didnĀ“t feel like finishing. The trees were super annoying, but still a fantastic map.