Custom Map #1205: Riven Castle. By: warren

Started by AutoPost, September 30, 2014, 07:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1205: Riven Castle

Author: warren
Size: 144x80

Desc:
Episode 2 of Battle Castle. Play ep. 1 first for instructions. In this episode, a major strategic point on the border of two kingdoms is contested.

warren

RrR and stdout again deserve commendation for beta testing.

In this series, I recommend setting the creeper colour to red (doable from the settings menu). Although this is hardly PG given the implications.

Remember, a reactor in a powerzone gives 4 energy, and that is without forge upgrades.

For more relevant tips, see the thread for episode one http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=17221.0.

planetfall

Not sure how to deal with the climbers on this one. They seem quite OP.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

warren

Usually I just throw more blasters at the climbers. But sometimes they get stuck on the merlons and I have to wait for the mortar to finish them off.

iwishforpie2

Just a question, will we ever get the chance to start spawning our own units soon? I would love to be able to have an army in my hands in CW3.
What's a pie? I'm not a pie. I'm a pi.

stdout

I played the beta of this again this morning and still haven't completed it yet, but I'm enjoying this. You are to be commended for a quite innovative and fresh approach. It really demonstrates the flexibility of CRPL.

warren

I am not planning on giving these units a user interface. That is a project for someone like you.

Vanguard

Quote from: planetfall on September 30, 2014, 08:39:27 PM
Not sure how to deal with the climbers on this one. They seem quite OP.
Spoiler
Putting blaster on the four outmost PZ and setting them to fire at units first really helps. Climbers usually dont even come close. Later on, you can switch snipers on the PZs. most important to remember is to terraform your PZ Towers so they can fire unobstructed.
[close]

Yay! Only 32 maps to go!  ;D Ok, I can live with five. Nice job!

iwishforpie2

I hope you will release some easy versions, I want to experiment with the units and find the best tactics against them.

- Iwish

iwishforpie2

DestinyAtlantis

Die?
There are 5 maps that were in beta testing, 2 are released, 3 are still being tested. (Castles+CRPL+(please test me))

Asbestos

Quote from: iwishforpie2 on October 03, 2014, 03:59:08 PM
Aw, did this series already die?
Do you even CRPL, bro? It takes ages to draw, write and test CRPL maps, especially CRPL-heavy ones like the Battle Castles.

iwishforpie2

Well, I did expect it based on the space between 1 and 2. I guess this series is one where you release all of them at once? The series is great.

warren

#3 will be out tomorrow unless I find a flaw in the last pass.

iwishforpie2

To be honest warren, you're probally the best CPRL coder i've seen. No joke.