Custom Map #60: Amrakul. By: Clean0nion

Started by AutoPost, December 31, 2013, 09:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #60: Amrakul

Author: Clean0nion

Desc:
You've landed on a foggy world in the Costarella system! The fog penetrates all surroundings save for those around your Command Node. #CRPL #Terp #OCDhell #Costarella #Fog

Clean0nion

I can't tell of this is the first 1.51 map or not.
Either way, I now have #30 and #60 and there could be a battle over #90(!)

Grauniad

Did you finalize it with 1.51? If so it is, but the image looks wrong. It may be that Virgil hasn't quite finished the back-end processing but wanted to get the front-end out there for new maps.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

knucracker

Everything should be in place... But the map must be finalized with build 1.51. If the map was finalized with a previous version then uploads with 1.51, we won't get the updated and larger thumbnail.

Clean0nion

Ah, no! I finalised it in 1.5 then completed it in 1.51! Darn!

knucracker

I'll update your graphic by hand later today (along with all of the other maps up till now).

Clean0nion

Quote from: virgilw on January 01, 2014, 11:59:06 AM
I'll update your graphic by hand later today (along with all of the other maps up till now).
Thanks a lot! I've attached two screenshots generated by the finalisation process. One's with fog, the other is without.

For players looking at those images: there is an inhibitor on the map, but I've removed it from the image.

Cohiba

Not sure if it is intended or not but Fog is not lifted or revealed by collectors.  Seems like as in most games that have a fog of war any unit pushes the fog back a bit.   Personally would have preferred start on high ground with all those emitters.   I got flooded so fast by creeper that i got frustrated and gave up since the fog was also affecting my ability to form a good strategy.

Clean0nion

Quote from: Cohiba on January 01, 2014, 06:07:39 PM
Not sure if it is intended or not but Fog is not lifted or revealed by collectors.  Seems like as in most games that have a fog of war any unit pushes the fog back a bit.   Personally would have preferred start on high ground with all those emitters.   I got flooded so fast by creeper that i got frustrated and gave up since the fog was also affecting my ability to form a good strategy.
1. Did you read the description of the fog?
2. The fog takes up no map space. You can move your CN anywhere.

Katra

Quite interesting once I found the trick to getting started.
Spoiler
First; land, then move around without building anything to find a better place to start. Then restart and move directly to your chosen base site. (i moved clear across the map.

Spoiler
Build infrastructure and carefully set up defenses so you can safely move along and leave the section you can't see unattended. Then move a short distance and take more ground/add to you base. (Terps will be quite valuable for making CN pads.) Repeat; nullifying all emitters/spore towers you come to.

Spoiler
There is a way to eliminate the fog.
[close]
[close]
[close]
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!