Help with video making

Started by Michionlion, January 09, 2011, 04:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

is there any FREE recording software that any of you use that can record (and actually be seen without big logos in the way) videos?  I'm having trouble finding one... i used to use screentoster, but now you have to pay...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Mare

http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBack_FreePlayer.aspx

Click the download when you scroll down on the screen, its free to use, and I use it a lot when making videos.
Combined with windows movie maker and you can pretty much do anything to the video (shorten/lengthen video clip, add music, delete some scenes)

Also, when transferring the video to another program, or uploading it to the web, make sure to correctly convert the video file to something the site or program takes, other wise it won't work.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Blaze

I just got done messing around with both, and I have a horrid Computer, so they suck on it, nothing works, it lags when recording anything.

So just be sure you're computer can take it.

Michionlion

what format does a video need to be to put it in windows movie maker?

and yep, my computer can do it, i made one and it did slow down a bit but not enough to make a difference.
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Michionlion

i already have a video maker now, i need to change the format so i can edit it with windows movie maker
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Kamron3

Michionlion

- Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Fisherck

I hate to bring this back up, but I myself need help. Right now what I am using is BB Flaskback Express. What I can't figure out is how to get the video to save at 4x speed, or anything faster than normal. I can get it to play at 4x speed in the editor, but I can't save it that way. Help?
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Echo51

Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Fisherck

SPIFFEN seemed to have the same question as me, but it was never answered!!! :)

Does nobody know?...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Grauniad

I would imagine that no-one here has an answer for you. Perhaps there is a support forum on the BB Flashback site?
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Echo51

Fish: the most optimal would be to do as virgil does in that post, and export it to Windows Movie maker ;) i'm unsure that BB flashback can compress the video file to a sensible size
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...