Custom Map #8038: Let it Rain!. By: Jason Stevens

Started by AutoPost, December 25, 2019, 03:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8038: Let it Rain!

Author: Jason Stevens
Size: 256x180

Desc:
This is a not-so-difficult map (seeing how it is Christmas) where you will want to avoid any creep rain from ruining your day... #Spore #Rain #Runner #Pump Good luck!!

yum-forum

I don't understand rules/mechanics (rain, pump) of game but very interesting! 10/10 from me with thanks for creativity and efforts!  :)

P.S. Understand rules. Fascinating!  :D
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

jasons2645

Just so everybody else understands the rules/mechanics...

The various pumps throughout the map pump to the northeast corner of the map.  There are 4 rain makers, but there is a void between each rain maker.  So each pump pumps to only one of the 4 rain makers.  Rain makers suck up any creep/AC at their position to build rain.  At 100% or -100%, they trigger rain and reset to 0%.  Hope that helps for anybody reading!  And glad you liked the map :)

Quote from: yum-forum on December 25, 2019, 06:22:14 PM
I don't understand rules/mechanics (rain, pump) of game but very interesting! 10/10 from me with thanks for creativity and efforts!  :)

P.S. Understand rules. Fascinating!  :D

yum-forum

You forgot to notice that 2 special Units create and send clouds of creeper spores to RainMakers. But this unit can be nullified or spores can be protected by Beams.

Thanks for good work!  :D
last

jasons2645

Ahhh, good point!  In addition to being nullifiable, they will also self-destruct if engulfed in AC for at least 15 secs :)

Quote from: yum-forum on December 26, 2019, 10:25:07 AM
You forgot to notice that 2 special Units create and send clouds of creeper spores to RainMakers. But this unit can be nullified or spores can be protected by Beams.

yum-forum

Quote from: jasons2645 on December 26, 2019, 11:39:15 AM
Ahhh, good point!  In addition to being nullifiable, they will also self-destruct if engulfed in AC for at least 15 secs :)

Quote from: yum-forum on December 26, 2019, 10:25:07 AM

W  :D W! Just send Sprayers full with anti-creeper or attack by Bombers! Like in case of Grabz's ERS (Enemy Radioactive Sources)!
last

marvinitfox

Easy enough, but....
HOW that guy get 5 minute topscore?

Helper

LOL!
I ignored all those Spores heading for the NE. After all, how could they hurt me way down where I was?
Oops!
Lots of fun - after learning how to deal with the pain of the rain.
Thanks,
H

knighty

I really liked this map

took me a few goes to get the hang of it

Spoiler
I terped 10high wall around the pumps and put sprayers in next to them set to always on, to pump anti-creem into the pumps.... once it going going I could have sprayers sitting top right corner collecting AC and spraying the other points (till I got to their pumps)
[close]

jasons2645

Haha, glad you liked it!  And yes, doesn't seem like they can hurt you until it rains ;)

Quote from: Helper on December 26, 2019, 05:56:48 PM
LOL!
I ignored all those Spores heading for the NE. After all, how could they hurt me way down where I was?
Oops!
Lots of fun - after learning how to deal with the pain of the rain.
Thanks,
H

Johnny Haywire

I really liked this one, and it's a good bit easier than some of the impossible maps.

Liked the rain, especially that it can rain AC or Creeper, depending on what fills it up. Great work!

;D ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

jasons2645

Glad you liked it!!  And yes, definitely easier than some of those other maps...

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on January 07, 2020, 04:28:39 PM
I really liked this one, and it's a good bit easier than some of the impossible maps.

Liked the rain, especially that it can rain AC or Creeper, depending on what fills it up. Great work!

;D ;D