Custom Map: Nice Job 25: The Developer

Started by AutoPost, July 11, 2010, 05:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

Poor? Your time is not bad at all for a first attempt. I think it took me longer while testing....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

I was wondering what you chose for the first upgrade%
I originally went with the 10% more power, then switched to 20% faster building, and am currently using 15% faster fire rate. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Spoiler
I didn't pick any of these 3.... ;)
[close]

Although it will certainly influence the time it takes to complete the map, I don't think the choice of your first upgrade will make a difference in whether you succeed in the first section. (Without picking an upgrade at all it should also be possible, only a tiny bit harder.)

Katra

So far the upgrade I picked hasn't made a noticeable difference. (build faster or costs less to build) Best I've done was to get the drone charged, only to lose a pod while it was in the air. Several other tries I never got to the drone.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

UpperKEES

Spoiler
It's not that hard to reach the drone base; I build only 5 units to reach it. I even deactivate it at that moment, because I rather spend my precious energy on something else and only charge the drone when I really need it.
[close]

Blaze

RichieRich

I have failed at that about 10 times at this stage. ;D

RichieRich

Ah Jeez, I just failed twice at 3.47 just before getting the drone  :(

UpperKEES

RichieRich

Just my terrible playing. ;D

Yikes that was tough - the hardest start you have done. After that it can be played laid back - which I did a bit as I just wanted to finish havig messed up the start so many times. Way too cautious, I only set the drone to protect the survivors. My network collapsed in the centre bottom just as I was finishing and that cost a few minutes.

Anyway, I have said thanks for for the maps many times but once again, thanks for the series. It really was fantastic.

Will have time now to finish the two maps I couldnt finish, and my productivity in work might lift a bit.  :)

UpperKEES

Quote from: RichieRich on July 12, 2010, 11:47:24 AM
Just my terrible playing. ;D

Yikes that was tough - the hardest start you have done. After that it can be played laid back - which I did a bit as I just wanted to finish havig messed up the start so many times.

The next stages are indeed a lot easier, at least when you have prepared yourself well.

Way too cautious, I only set the drone to protect the survivors. My network collapsed in the centre bottom just as I was finishing and that cost a few minutes.

So did I. If you time well (and have enough energy to refuel the drone fast) you might be able to do a run somewhere else in between, but I messed up myself too often, so I avoided that.

Anyway, I have said thanks for for the maps many times but once again, thanks for the series. It really was fantastic.

Thanks Richie! :)

Will have time now to finish the two maps I couldnt finish, and my productivity in work might lift a bit.  :)

You'll have a week. ;) I plan to release the first map in the Hard Art series next Sunday.

Mr.Grumpy

man, i just can't do this one. i'm up to about 50 tries.

Fisherck

The map maker sure knows how to beat his map best. By the fourth stage the depletion and distance of the network caught up to me and really slowed me down. I fixed the energy problem, but I had to be carefull of where to place blasters because of the time it would take to get ammo to them. The bug eyes at the end slowed me down too, and I had to build a couple more blasters to subdue it. Very hard and fun map. :o ;D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Mr.Grumpy on July 12, 2010, 04:14:55 PM
man, i just can't do this one. i'm up to about 50 tries.

Tell me where you are stuck. Maybe I can give you a slight hint (or PM you when I would spoil it for others).

Quote from: Fisherck on July 12, 2010, 05:05:00 PM
The map maker sure knows how to beat his map best. By the fourth stage the depletion and distance of the network caught up to me and really slowed me down. I fixed the energy problem, but I had to be carefull of where to place blasters because of the time it would take to get ammo to them. The bug eyes at the end slowed me down too, and I had to build a couple more blasters to subdue it.

Yeah, when you know what you'll need you can build it in advance (space permitting).

Spoiler
Nevertheless I needed to build more reactors in section 4 because it was the only section with more room to build. Only sections 5 and 6 can be processed rather fast.
[close]

Quote from: Fisherck on July 12, 2010, 05:05:00 PM
Very hard and fun map. :o ;D

Thanks again!

Miss Melissa

wow, where to start! that was absolute torture!, and i can guarantee that i will never attempt that one again. i wouldnt necessarily say it was the map, i was getting bad lag by the second box, and by the time i got to the end i had over a 20sec lag. i lost sooo many units and i thought my laptop was gonna burst into flames! i started this game over 4 hours ago. oy, im just so glad its over.