Main Menu

Moving City Bug

Started by Kamron3, April 13, 2010, 08:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamron3

As I have editted in my posts, I don't feel that Sqaz needs a ban, but I do think that it was really uncool that someone didn't make a formal post to make SURE that virgil knew.

I didn't figure that Virgil knew, so I made the post. I didn't think that he would know until there was a post made about it.

Would really like to see it fixed.

Next time: post a bug, don't just assume.

On your fair sense of judgment act: I would've banned if I were virgil and did NOT know about it and had evidence these people were using the bug, especially for a month, or even longer.

_k

Karsten75

Quote from: Kamron3 on April 13, 2010, 09:55:18 PM
On your fair sense of judgment act: I would've banned if I were virgil and did NOT know about it and had evidence these people were using the bug, especially for a month, or even longer.

This is the thing. You would ban people from the forums for an act outside the forums. Which means that you would only punish members of the community that did not do anything offensive *in* the community. Anyone reading about the bug in any of the many comments on the maps and using it would not be punished. That is not fair or just.

Bans are usually reserved for acts inside the forum community (spamming, hateful behavior, unacceptable images, talking about things such as cracking the game,  etc.).

Kamron3

I think of the forums as a place where players meet and discuss various things. But you MUST include the website in its entirety as a form of communcation, therefore being able to ban someone from the forums based on comments is fine. But like I said, I've downgraded it from a ban to just a really stern voice of opinion.

Also, congrats on your 777th post =)

_k

UpperKEES

Sqaz did mention the bug here. He even included a screenshot, which got removed. Other forum members, like roccologic seem to use the bug as well (when I looked at the highscore table of the map by KettleFalls), but you can't ban people for using an exploit. I hope people realize using this bug won't gain them any respect, as everybody knows how these scores were established.

[OFF TOPIC]

Quote from: Kamron3 on April 13, 2010, 03:46:50 PM
Special OPS Hurt & Heal was completed.

The Special OPS thread was NOT finished and you know that. You've removed my topic complaining about it. I wouldn't have mentioned this when you hadn't brought this up.

[/OFF TOPIC]
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Kamron3

I thought Special OPS Hurt & Heal was completed and someone asked me to lock...?

Eh, I don't remember.

_k

Chani

This topic has probably been discussed enough.