Main Menu

Double Down

Started by Apocalypstic, November 22, 2009, 02:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apocalypstic

Does Double Down mean double the intensity of the creeper emitted, or double the rate of emitting? Also, does Double Down also mean double the spores?
Look over here! Is it a word?! Is it a sentence?! No! It's a distraction!

knucracker

Double Down cuts the production interval for the creeper emitters in half.  So double the rate basically.  Spores are not affected.

Commander Strife

How do you unlock DD? do you get the final achievement?
We Are Endless...
Light will collapse beside Evil...
With Our Approach...
All Will Fall...

Karsten75

Win every map in Story mode, Conquest mode and Special Ops to unlock Double-Down mode.

ThePhantom

I know older topic, but I don't get DD.

Does it increase your score or anything or does it just make the map harder?
This is for the record.. I will not go silently into the night! I will not go without a fight! Tonight I make my final stand! I go forth in the hell I choose for myself, not the one chosen for me! I will return from this hell, or leave this world knowing I died a cause I wanted to die for!
~Phantom

Karsten75

Quote from: ThePhantom on April 18, 2010, 12:26:43 PM

Makes maps harder and there is no visible reward. Your score will be mixed in with others who play it in normal mode.

As an old quote states: "it's like peeing yourself in a dark pair of pants. You get a warm feeling, but no-one notices."  :)

ThePhantom

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 18, 2010, 01:04:48 PM
Quote from: ThePhantom on April 18, 2010, 12:26:43 PM

Makes maps harder and there is no visible reward. Your score will be mixed in with others who play it in normal mode.

As an old quote states: "it's like peeing yourself in a dark pair of pants. You get a warm feeling, but no-one notices."  :)

hehehe.. I'll remember that XD
This is for the record.. I will not go silently into the night! I will not go without a fight! Tonight I make my final stand! I go forth in the hell I choose for myself, not the one chosen for me! I will return from this hell, or leave this world knowing I died a cause I wanted to die for!
~Phantom

Echo51

Quote from: Karsten75 on February 15, 2010, 03:31:01 PM
Win every map in Story mode, Conquest mode and Special Ops to unlock Double-Down mode.

WRONG

i have pyxis+loki to do, and missing gump/KC/Chopraider, i got it it after doing all Conquest mission

Disregard that, but i saw something bout DD when i completed the last conquest? :P
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

J

Quote from: Karsten75 on February 15, 2010, 03:31:01 PM
Wrong!!!
You get DD mode after you complete KC in Special Ops. Even if you had not completed other maps.
I have unlocked it by completing KC and I don't have completed all Special Ops maps.